My ShowTimes V1.1.0 Release April 28/07 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
UPDATE: April 28

V1.1 of Suite released.

With the help of Zebons :D , we now have a fully functional internationalized (at least from the skin point of view) version of myShowTimes. Please make sure you use the newest mtsa.exe (included in zip file) as well as it has some fixes in it for non North American locations.

There are two language files included. One for the standard english (strings_en.xml) and one for French (string_fr.xml).

You now have the ability to name the GUI plugin what you wish. This is located in the last tab in the Grabber configuration (yah, too lazy to create a config specifically for the GUI).

As usual, post any bugs or suggestions to the forum. Just remember I move slow sometimes due to "life". If I'm not around or not moving fast ont hese things, I haven't disappeared. I still have plans for a version 2, including getting Apple trailers working (maybe with some code from the OnlineVideo plugin) and a ShowTimes EPG.

UPDATE: Feb 3

I've fixed a problem with the incompatible plugin message when you launch the configuration utility for MP AND the moviedata.xml does not exist. Please download new version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

this set of plugins was initially started as an extension to the myTrailers plugin but after much development/procrastination/normal life they grew into a life of their own. What are these plugins you might be asking your self?

There are two plugins as part of this suite. The first plugin is a process plugin. It uses an external application to download movie showtimes for your local theaters. It allows for the option to schedule a download of movie data from IMDB, Apple Trailers and movie posters. It can also manage your downloaded posters and trailers and remove ones that are no longer required.

The second part of the plugin is the GUI portion that displays all of the data downloaded by the Grabber process plugin. The GUI has a screen that will work with the Blue Two skin and one that works with the MePo Wide set (Grey, Green and Black). These are included in the zip file.

I have included in the zip file, a document that explains the way it all works together plus installation and configuration.

A couple of things to note:

1) This plugin does not current handle Apple Streams. It's planned to be added in a future release.

2) Because the grabber can download the Apple Trailers, it can take some time on initial run so I highly suggest you do a manual download from the Grabber Configuration first. Make sure you wait for the completion of the initial grabber and that you have a file called moviedata.xml created before running the GUI.

3) Picking your movie theaters varies by country. Some can do it by zip/postal code, some by city and country. For more information, see: http://movietimes.home.comcast.net/mtsa/index.html

There are some other things in the documentation included in the zip file, please read through it.

Thanks to everyone who has waited for these plugins and thanks to Mike for testing them out.

Falkyre

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Sounds great. I've been looking forward to this plugin for ages. Now can't wait to try it out (but will be another week at least before I am back home).

RenegadeElen

Portal Member
    November 4, 2006
    Waco, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Cool. I will have to give this a try. In a previous post you said that it only worked with one particular skin. What skins does it work with and are there any plans to make it work with any other skins?

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It currently works with two sets of skins. The standard Blue Two skin and the MePo Wide skins (Grey, Green and Black). My personal opinion is that the MePo Wide Grey looks the best.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    falkyre,

I installed the showtimes plugin as described within the manual.
    First time I opened the MP config it worked fine and I configured the grabber and made a manual download.
    All worked perfekt.

Then I opened MP and tried to open the showtimes plugin.
    Error msg: Unable to load XML files
    Can't load F:\mtsa\config.xml
    or F:\mtsa\locations.xml
    or F:\mtsa\moviedata.xml

I checked and all files are located in the path named above.

When I try to open MP config now, I get an error message the the GUI plugin is not compatible with this version of MP and will not be loaded.
    So I had to delete the plugin again.

MP 0.2.2.0 SVN 12820
    Skin: Blue Two

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks a lot and great work! Looking forward to get it up und running :)

Cheers
    mpFrank

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mpfrank,

I'm not sure how that incompatible message can be solved, I'll look into it when I get to my home system. It doesn't seem to stop the plugin from running at all, only stops it from being loaded in the configuration. What does your MediaPortal.xml have in it for the ShowTimes Grabber section?

Falkyre
    falkyre,

I installed the showtimes plugin as described within the manual.
    First time I opened the MP config it worked fine and I configured the grabber and made a manual download.
    All worked perfekt.

Then I opened MP and tried to open the showtimes plugin.
    Error msg: Unable to load XML files
    Can't load F:\mtsa\config.xml
    or F:\mtsa\locations.xml
    or F:\mtsa\moviedata.xml

I checked and all files are located in the path named above.

When I try to open MP config now, I get an error message the the GUI plugin is not compatible with this version of MP and will not be loaded.
    So I had to delete the plugin again.

MP 0.2.2.0 SVN 12820
    Skin: Blue Two

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks a lot and great work! Looking forward to get it up und running :)

Cheers
    mpFrank

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Falkyre,

thanks for your response. Here the section from MedalPortal.xml:

<section name="ShowTimes Grabber">
    <entry name="FirstRun">no</entry>
    <entry name="grabberFiles">F:\mtsa</entry>
    <entry name="grabberLoc">F:\mtsa\mtsa.exe</entry>
    <entry name="grabberCfgXml">F:\mtsa\config.xml</entry>
    <entry name="SetupState">2</entry>
    <entry name="NextPoll">2007-02-07T19:39:16</entry>
    <entry name="DebugMode">no</entry>
    <entry name="UpdateDays">5</entry>
    <entry name="NotifyOnCompletion">yes</entry>
    <entry name="ForceUpdate">no</entry>
    <entry name="ShowAdvancedCfg">no</entry>
    </section>

It seems the grabber itself works fine. From MP Setup I can manually download all theatre information and the files are placed in F:\mtsa. When starting the gui within mediaportal (My Showtimes) then its seems not to find the files in the path.

May be because I am using TVServer My TV plugin instead of the "standard" My TV plugin?

If you need further log information, let me know.

Thanks in advance
    mpfrank

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Falkyre,

I got it running!! :)

moviedata.xml was missing in the path.

But still problems with the compatibility msg. of GUI plugin when starting MP setup.

I'll test the handling within mp and give feedback asap....

Thanks
    mpFrank

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll be posting up a new version of the GUI later today. I think I've got the not compatible problem fixed and the not able to load error.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom