My TV and low diskspace handling (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
This post couples with this bug report.

It would be nice if MP would issue a warning when you try to record programs which will not fit on the disk. I know it's probably har to do, but you could calculate (based on encoding settings), what say 10 minutes amounts to in used diskspace. And then MP could calculate if a program set to record via EPG would fit on the disk ?

Even better, and like som other PVRs (BeyondTV if I remember correct), you could mark your recorded programs so that in case of low diskspace, the marked program would be deleted to facilitate the new recording?

Just some ideas...

A

Anonymous

TiVo does this as well. It tries to plan out when shows would be autmatically deleted, but when you manually delete shows you've watched it keeps other shows around. You can also put a "save until" date on any show to override the autmatic settings.

Rybber said:
This post couples with this bug report.

It would be nice if MP would issue a warning when you try to record programs which will not fit on the disk. I know it's probably har to do, but you could calculate (based on encoding settings), what say 10 minutes amounts to in used diskspace. And then MP could calculate if a program set to record via EPG would fit on the disk ?

Even better, and like som other PVRs (BeyondTV if I remember correct), you could mark your recorded programs so that in case of low diskspace, the marked program would be deleted to facilitate the new recording?

Just some ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom