My TV: Better channel switching (New: Layout sketch) (1 Viewer)

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
tomtom21000 said:
If you get full control over the naming you could name line 1 Favourites, line 2 favourites and line 3 favourites.
fits already in the concept.
Excellent!

tomtom21000 said:
on first sight he thinks we should seperate the genre thing and the grid for quick channel switching into 2 seperate views. [...]
Still thinking about it.

I think the grid view is cool!
Don't know if it needs another genre-based view...

All that sounds very promising..... & I trust you :)!

Daniel

A

Anonymous

what i would really want is something as simple as being able to zap between channels with my remote or keyboard.. if that doesn't exist allready. i haven't been able to do it with my remote (the hauppauge pvr 250 one) and haven't found any keys on my keyboard that would go up/down on the list of channels. what i need to do is go back from full screen and change the channel from the channel button, then enter fullscreen again. or type the channel number which is difficult when zapping. i really hope i'm just being a noob not knowing how to, because this should be elementary.. everybody zaps.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
I like that genre thingy.

Like on my car radio I can skip to the next rock programn.
Wouldn't it be great to skip to the next movie on the air.

We need to think up a nice system for this indeed.

Ok this isn't hard at all ! You have to see it as a smartlist like itunes makes them. So you can make a list that only shows movies which the smartlist grabs from the epg" there you have it your own movie channel. With smart lists you can go very far, it's another way of thinking a watching as I believe.

Xses

Jason

Portal Member
September 8, 2004
Frankfurt, Germany
Why is there no way to change channels with the channel up/down buttons of the remote?

Or is there?

After more than 25 years of using those buttons to change tv channels i'm not sure if i like the idea of tomtom more than the current mode which also changes back to "channel" a bit too fast...

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jason,

Jason said:
    Why is there no way to change channels with the channel up/down buttons of the remote?

Or is there?

In fullscreen hit F7 / F8. Does not work in GUI mode, do not know why, should be implemented. Up / Down is for skipping in the timeshift stream, like in videoplayback.

Flip.

Jason

Portal Member
    September 8, 2004
    Frankfurt, Germany
    FlipGer said:
    Hi Jason,

Jason said:

Or is there?

In fullscreen hit F7 / F8. Does not work in GUI mode, do not know why, should be implemented. Up / Down is for skipping in the timeshift stream, like in videoplayback.

Flip.
    But....

My Remote doesn't have F7 and/or F8 buttons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom