My TV Card cannot be found by MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

tan567

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a DiBcom DIB7700 USB DVB-T TV Tuner, have the latest drivers, but still MediaPortal cannot find it. It says No TV Cards Detected.
I have also tried the TV Server Beta, and I had no luck.
Is there any way that I can get MediaPortal to recognise my DVB-T Card, maybe something like changing the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file?

I am not that experienced with TV Cards, and do not know what to do.
Also read a lot of posts and had no luck.

Thanks for your help

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Your card does not seem to be on the supported cards list. This does not mean that it won't work with Media Portal, just that you have some work (and some learning) to do.

First, read through this thread. I am helping someone else with their card:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11902

Click on all of the links provided in everyones answers. They will take you to wiki posts with instructions on what to do.

A great help would be if you know the tuner in your device. You then could start with a working entry in the CaptureCard Definitions file. Here's a list of DVB-T cards and their tuner chips:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Supported_TVCard_DVBt

Look at the website of your tuner for the specifications. The more you know about your tuner, the better.

Also don't expect somebody to do it all for you. Media Portal is for do-it-yourselfers. I'll try and help you if you get stuck, and hopefully someone else will too.

I'm busy remodeling my house (did I say do-it-yourselfers?), but I am too easily distracted by the computer :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    does the card work with the makers supplied software?
    The "regular" version of MP will only work with cards it is programmed for, but the new TV server version will find any cards that Windows knows about that are compliant with BDA (for digital) and whatever the analog standard is (can't remember).

tan567

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help, Paul and Marcusb.
    I downloaded and installed the new TV Server again, and it now detects my card successfully!
    Only thing is, even though it finds all the channels, when I start the TV in MediaPortal or try streaming in VLC, it says "Unable to create/start graph".
    What should I try or do?

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I didn't know that the new TV Server needed a graph. I was told that everthing was automatic. I guess you should do what it wants, try to create a graph with GraphEdit.

Also, there is a forum thread for the TV Server. Maybe you can find an answer there.

Paul

tan567

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've now got it all successfully working - installed latest TV Server Build and now no errors!
    It's just that I've tested it on my Celeron D laptop which is very slow (256MB RAM :)) and so TV stutters sometimes.
    When I test it on my PC it should be fine.

Thanks for your help

tan567

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Home Country
    No. Not really.
    I learnt quite a lot from your help - creating graphs, etc.
    I would have relied on you to help me - it's just that the new TV Server did it automatically.

Thanks a lot for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom