My TV Series/Moving Pictures: Correcting info after approving (1 Viewer)

RikHouben

Portal Member
July 14, 2013
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I've been setting op MP these last days, but I've been working in a hurry and made some mistakes.
I've approved some TV series (episodes) and movies that had the wrong data and fanart linked.
I found how to do a manual search for series and movies for which no match was found. But I can't find how to correct data that was approved but shouldn't have been approved.
How do I corret this?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you mean that you approved episodes and movies linked to another show or movie you can rescan by:
    • MP-TVSeries: Delete the episode in MP-TVSeries Configuration and it will appear on the Import tab, ready to be scanned again.
    • Moving Pictures: Open Moving Pictures Configuration > Movie Manager tab, select a movie and click the gear icon and then Send to Importer.

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aha, I need to delete the episodes. I'm always cautious with deleting stuff.;)

Both TV-series and movies are OK now. Thanks!(y)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @vuego shame on you! All could be done in GUI.
    MP-TVSeries: in context menu something like "Force online match". It will bring popup with possible matches.
    MovingPictures: Send to Importer item in context menu as I remember. Then you need to go to GUI importer and choose another match.

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've got the first HDD processed now and wanted to start with the second one.
    This HDD only contains DVD iso files from TV series. It seems that My TVseries can't handle iso's.
    I get the message: Found 0 supported video files in your import paths.
    (I ignored the first disc for now. That one contains supported video files.)

Also, when I link the path with the iso's in the video settup in MP itself, it doesn't see any files either.

Windows MediaPlayer does play the iso but without sound and the manus are very hard to operate.

I'll try to install VLC and see if that one does play the iso's. (to check if these file aren't corrupt in any way)

edit: They play just fine with VLC. Menu's and everything.

Last edited:

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I had no idea what the virtual drive thing was for, until you pointed it out.

It works fine!

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have an additional question: Can I group several movies together? Like making sagas. For instance grouping all Star Wars movies behind one DVD cover.
    (As a reference I take the " saga" functionality in Yadis 2 for Dune HD media players)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For this you need the IMDb+ plugin.

Edit: You may also create Movie Categories for each group and put your movies in there. See Menu Editor.

Last edited:

RikHouben

Portal Member
    July 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I already have the IMDb+ plugin. Works fine.
    For some movie-collections it might be useful to add a catagory, but for most it will be overkill.
    I'll try it out and see how I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom