My tv-server freeze after 5 or 10 minutes on live tv (1 Viewer)

Joe350

June 2, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
Hello maybe somebody can help me with this issue..
When i launch the tv live, i can watch the tv for around 10 minutes after i lost the connection.. after that i need to restart the tv-server each time..
windows 7
dell optiplex 780
4 gb memory

thank very much !!! am desesperate !!

Steps to Reproduce:
launch live tv ..wait 10 minutes.. no error message..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Joe350 :)

The problem is the Intervideo software encoders that you're using to make your analog tuner work.
    You installed the Intervideo WinDVR 3 trial to get them, right?
    Those encoders are easy to get but they're not recommended because they just stop working at random times, possibly because the software hasn't been registered.

The ATI encoders that should come with the bundled software do a better job and are more reliable.

mm

Joe350

June 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello and welcome Joe350 :)

The problem is the Intervideo software encoders that you're using to make your analog tuner work.
    You installed the Intervideo WinDVR 3 trial to get them, right?
    Those encoders are easy to get but they're not recommended because they just stop working at random times, possibly because the software hasn't been registered.

The ATI encoders that should come with the bundled software do a better job and are more reliable.

mm

Thanks for your reply and your welcome message ! :)

Yes ! you are right! i have the usb ati theater hd 750 usb and he coming with total media from arcsoft.
    When i try before installing the windvr, mediaportal see my card and i can scan all analog channel but i can't preview the channel..after few search the peoples bypass this issue with WinDVR 3 .. so thats is the reason.. so now what is your recommendation ? i need to remove winDVR ? what can install to replace WinDVR ?

Thanks you !!! and sorry for my english.. i speak i bit only ! :)

Joe

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When i try before installing the windvr, mediaportal see my card and i can scan all analog channel but i can't preview the channel.
    Preview depends on codecs and good system configuration. When preview doesn't work it doesn't mean the channel is not working. In my opinion it is better to test using the "manual control" section.

after few search the peoples bypass this issue with WinDVR 3 .. so thats is the reason.. so now what is your recommendation ? i need to remove winDVR ? what can install to replace WinDVR ?
    No, you don't need to remove or replace.
    Please check here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...onfiguration/06_General#Software_Encoders_Tab

You can force TV Server to use different encoders by reducing the priority of the Intervideo encoders and/or increasing the priority of the other encoders. So, move the Intervideo encoders to the bottom of the list, then restart the TV service and try again.

mm

Joe350

June 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When i try before installing the windvr, mediaportal see my card and i can scan all analog channel but i can't preview the channel.
    Preview depends on codecs and good system configuration. When preview doesn't work it doesn't mean the channel is not working. In my opinion it is better to test using the "manual control" section.

after few search the peoples bypass this issue with WinDVR 3 .. so thats is the reason.. so now what is your recommendation ? i need to remove winDVR ? what can install to replace WinDVR ?
    No, you don't need to remove or replace.
    Please check here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...onfiguration/06_General#Software_Encoders_Tab

You can force TV Server to use different encoders by reducing the priority of the Intervideo encoders and/or increasing the priority of the other encoders. So, move the Intervideo encoders to the bottom of the list, then restart the TV service and try again.

mm

Hi Guys !

Ok in the tv-server, genetal and software encoder tab, i have only 2 check box for the audio and video encoder.
    In the Video encoder section i can see " InterVideo Encoder '' and MainConcept ( HCW ) MPEG2-Video Encoder"
    in the Audio section this is the same to the video section..

I trying to deplace the both software encoder on the down completely, after i restarted my computer and i trying again.

The tv work but again, after 10 minutes .. the tv just freeze .. and when i try to launch any other channel i have '' no video/audio detected '' error.

Its very weird, because with totalmedia 3.5 everything was fine ! :(

thanks you for your help

Joe350

June 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    UPDATE:

i installed download Cyberlink Power Director but in the tv-server, the encoder software i have only 2 ..like i dont see the new one...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Joe

Please make sure the Intervideo encoders are at the bottom of the list, and the Mainconcept/HCW encoders are at the top of the list.

If you've done that, please provide new log files.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom