My TV useability improvements (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
Here's a couple of requests to the My TV function which IMO would make it better.

- In 0.0.0.13, EPG colors ('use EPG colors' setting NOT checked in config.) seems to be swapped. In previous versions the light color was the current showing prog.

I was told that this wasn't a bug, but the way it originally was? But for me, it's not easy to read the white on blue text of the not-current programs?

- After viewing a recorded program, the program list sorting is reset. It should retain the sorting, but scrolled down to display the just viewed program at the top. This is more intuitive and makes it easier to find and erase a just watched show.

- Recorded programs would be easier to navigate if you could make subfolders via MyTV and move recordings into these. I currently have 66 recorded shows, and it's not easy to navigate :)

- Pressing play when fast forwarding/rewinding recordings and video should reset the time to 1x = normal play. Just like your good old VCR.

A

Anonymous

Another good feature would be automatic wake up from sleep mode to record a timed recording... I had a program that did that for me with SageTV, called SageWake, but I'm in the process of switching over due to the fact that the only GOOD thing about Sage is the TV :\ (wont play OGG or DivX or anything...)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
skreet said:
Another good feature would be automatic wake up from sleep mode to record a timed recording... I had a program that did that for me with SageTV, called SageWake, but I'm in the process of switching over due to the fact that the only GOOD thing about Sage is the TV :\ (wont play OGG or DivX or anything...)

fred has developed a plugin that does this...search the forum for PowerScheduler.

Sam

A

Anonymous

I don't know if it's already in the works but a feature i would like to have is lets say your in your program guide and you see the simpsons.

You click on the show and right now you're able to record it but i would love to tell MP to look for each simpsons in each channel and alert me when there's is one running in lets say five minute.

Hope you understand :) me english s*ck :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom