Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Overview
    Tv_Fullscreen.jpg TvHome_Server.jpg

my TvNiveauChecker is a little MediaPortal process plugin that forbidd watching tv program defined by users.
    Or more precisley it gives your Tv plugin a bit more character
    wink_smile.gif
    Advantage: Never having a discussion, just one argument - Sorry but MediaPortal has character:D

The user can define names, that will be stored in the MediaPortal database. At Tv start or channel changing the plugin chekcs if the current program title match (exact or contains) with the stored "blacklisted" names in the database. If the match is true tv playback will stop after a user defined countdown.

Installation
    Download the attached *.zip file and extract the files:
    • myTvNiveauChecker.dll to the MediaPortal process plugin folder(\\MediaPortal\plugins\process)
    • copy the language folder to MediaPortal data language folder
      (\\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language)
    • if you would like to have skin information (look at the screenshots), copy the skin folder to your MediaPortal data skin folder (only available for Titan Skin!!!)
      (\\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan)
    Configuration
    look at the wiki page how to configurate the plugin
    The plugin also supports gui properties for skin devs.

Source
    https://code.google.com/p/mytvniveauchecker/

Version: 0.8.3.9

Last but not least, have fun and report the reactions of your other MP users ;)

Attachments

• config.jpg
      config.jpg
      49 KB
    • Dialog.jpg
      Dialog.jpg
      75.8 KB
    • dlg_addtoblacklist.jpg
      dlg_addtoblacklist.jpg
      100.9 KB
    • dlg_deactivated.jpg
      dlg_deactivated.jpg
      81.2 KB
    • dlg_stilladded.jpg
      dlg_stilladded.jpg
      96.6 KB
    • MyTvNiveauChecker_0.8.3.9.zip
      74.4 KB
    Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :ROFLMAO: This is a real great idea! You should add feature to blacklist whole channels or time range i.e. from 00:00 - 20:15 :D

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or something like: "Disable RTL excerpt for Formula 1"...:D
    The initale idea for this plugin was just to block the channel RTL, but i also discovered that the main bug is, i will never see the Fomula One anymore:D

For me, the main goal of developing this plugin was to learn how i can handle and use the driffrent MediaPortal Events like starting tv, catching actions or sending actions. Positive feature, never has the typical discussions about the program to watch;)
    But my time is very rare and i dont will integrate more features to this little plugin.
    I know there are a lot of more features that can be integrated. For example one of my favorite idea is to develop this plugin to a MediaPortal childProtection plugin. If your epg provider offers parentialrating or classification values, you can use this information to block also free to air programs.
    Next step is creating a rep, so feel free to use the code and develope it further.

One little hint: be sure which person you will telling the position of the deactivation key on your remote;)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I love the Idea behind this Plugin and i hope for more Child Protection Options in MP. For example a Time based PIN protection for Live TV and Recordings. But i think this is better placed inside MP instead of a Plugin?

Thanks for all your Work and all your Plugins!!!!

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Scrounger, sorry für OFF TOPIC

aber das interessiert mich sehr. Woher bekommst du die Infos aus dem TV Stream, das er die MediaInfo Logos anzeigt. Rot Markiert auf dem Screen

Attachments

• Info.png
      Info.png
      741 KB

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Scrounger, sorry für OFF TOPIC
    aber das interessiert mich sehr. Woher bekommst du die Infos aus dem TV Stream, das er die MediaInfo Logos anzeigt. Rot Markiert auf dem Screen
    Ist ein kleines Testplugin, dass die Infos des Videostreams liest und Skin Props zur Verfügung stellt.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @Scrounger :
    thank you for your plugin, but can you share your source file. We want than all Plugin related to MP are Source free access.
    have you an google code repo or github ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom