Ongoing My upcoming Setup (1 Viewer)

riggnix

Portal Pro
September 8, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi!

I'm currently planning my Home Media Setup for my new apartment. I'm just gonna post my plans here, curious about your opinions :)

Desktop/Server
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4x 4,1GHz
- 8GB DDR3-1800 CL7
- nVidia GeForce GT 240 512MB GDDR5
- 120GB SSD
- 8TB HDD
- Win7 x64
- Technisat Skystar 2 PCI (DVB-S)
- BD-RE

HTPC
My old Acer Aspire 7730G Laptop
- Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2x 2,53GHz
- 4GB DDR2
- nVidia GeForce 9600M GT (should work with CoreAVC + CUDA)
- 2x 320GB HDD
- Win7 x64
- AverMedia A320 (DVB-T)
- DVD-RW
- IR Remote (MCE)
+ HD-TV connected via HDMI
+ Sony Sound System connected via optical S/PDIF

Connection via Gigabit-LAN.

Desktop/Server is my main computer, used for pretty much everything from working to gaming. As it has multiple TBs of HDD capacity it will store all Movies and Series. If at all possible, I'd like to stream BluRays from here to the HTPC as well, as the HTPC only has a DVD-RW.

The HTPC will be used with the TV only (no other display). It should take care of TV via DVB-T, and recordings. Recordings will be stored locally (640GB HDD should be enough ;-) ).

I also want to run SABnzbd on one of these 2, don't know on which one yet. Desktop/Server has the storage, but I don't want it running all the time as it is in my bed room.

Also I wanna be able to stream to other devices (Laptop, Smartphone) via WiFi (802.11n 300Mbit/s), but not in HD of course.

Any thoughts? ;-)

Galoka

August 10, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
How about shifting much of the storage into a NAS. Then you don't need the main pC on to acces the media, and if you run SABnzbd on the Acer, it can access it as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom