My Weather (1 Viewer)

L'Echiquier

June 28, 2005
Yonne, Burgundy, France
This may not constitue a 'bug' but it bugs me :lol: Please move if it's not applicable here.

In the My Weather (I hate all this 'My' stuff, it's a family 'poota for goodness sake, we share it - sorry).

Start again, in My Weather I have a number of different places saved, on the main My Weather screen the places can be scrolled by using the 2 left and right arrows. The place name is followed by the arrows ......
e.g.
London <= =>

If you use a mouse to do this then the position of the arrows keep moving depending uopn the length of the place name. so you (one) has to keep moving the mouse cursor. OK I should use the keyboard.
e.g.
London <= =>
Paris <= =>
Amsterdam <= =>
Auxerre <= =>

If the arrows were repositioned to the left hand side of the place names this would solve the issue, as the mouse would only have to be clicked and not moved and clicked.
e.g.
<= => London
<= => Paris
<= => Amsterdam
<= => Auxerre

There may be other areas where something similar applies .......

PS - I may have mentioned this before but RECIPIES is Spelled RECIPES, there is no second 'i'.

PPS - 'My status' appears with a lower case 's' whereas witrh all the other 'Mys' (hate em, get rid of them) the second word starts with an Upper case.

Thanx, keep up the splendid work.
Bon courage.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi L'Echiquier -

Thank you once again for helping with our spelling errors. Your strings.xml must be outdated, this Recipies typo was corrected shortly after you first mentioned it?!?!? Anyways, your latest find has also been corrected. :)

As to the 'My' trend, yep this is definately one of those that keeps coming up every now and again... the quickest way to get what you want will be for you to open strings.xml and do a Find/Replace.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

L'Echiquier

June 28, 2005
Yonne, Burgundy, France
Thanx Smirnoff,

As I have said before I am NOT a programmer, just an end-user so my comments come from that perspective. I guess the vast majority of your potential users will be like me, they want a product that is easy to use and is intuitive. I am not a good speller myself but my wife is a journalist (using British English, American and Australian English) so she spots these things.

STRINGS.XML .....
It's so easy when you know how, I am able to amend 'strings.xml' as suggested but what about a less computer literate person could they do it?
:idea: Seems a good idea to have something like this in 'set-up' in a later or much later release.

:? You did not mention the 'arrows issue' in weather, or did you just ignore it.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
I am able to amend 'strings.xml' as suggested but what about a less computer literate person could they do it?

We hear you... this kind of thing may well be addressed in later releases.

Confused You did not mention the 'arrows issue' in weather, or did you just ignore it.

You're right, I ignored it - was very tired at the time and right now I'm busy as hell so I'm going to have to be rude and ignore it again :(.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom