MyForum plugin or kind of? (2 Viewers)

BigCheese

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Germany
Bram said:
Looks great! Do you parse the forum, or do you use the RSS feed?
Will it be usable with more forums/feeds?

right now I just parse the html from the forum - it works now with the phpbb board (so i think it will work with more boards, cause many boards are phpbb)... but: actually i really don't know how to perform a login, if a board of a forum requires a login ;)

i do not use rss...

bye,
BigCheese

BigCheese

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Germany
hm... i think it looks now like the rss (my news) ... ok, rss looks better - but i will improove it...

and: the technic is very unstable because of parsing really hardcoded...

will see how long this works ;)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You could just leave that part out for now. Most forums are open for reading anyway. Would be nice if I could use my forum to :)

BigCheese

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Germany
Problem actual: how to display the entrys (each single post of one thread)...
I think i will use listcontrol but more height for each entry... i want to scroll like in the forum... and i think in a new page... so i have space to display the entrys...
suggestions are welcome ;)

bye,
BigCheese

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
You don't know how happy this makes me to hear that someone is working on this. I was lying in bed last night just thinking I wish there was a way to do exactly this. I think the two biggest names as far as bulliten boards go are phpBB and vBulletin. I would love to provide any help I can with this.

EDIT:
I have just thrown together a quick possible mock up of a post. (Yes I know I suck at mock ups graphics are really not my strong point)

forum.jpg

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe you could ad some contrst between the post details and the post text. That would make it a bit more readable. Even is it is only a small border around the post text.

Looking forward to this plugin!

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
I was looking for a cool avatar to put up as an example picked a random thread and scrolled down and I saw yours. I thought you have always been a easy going guy in the past and shouldn't be an issue plus well hey... I thought it can't hurt to get a devs interest. :wink:

Off topic its actually a damn good picture. How old is your boy out of interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom