MyLyrics 0.14 - Comments and bug reporting (1 Viewer)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Oddly enough, I just installed MP 0.2.2.0 fresh, installed the MyLyrics plugin as directed in the readme, and in the MP config i searched my song database and it found lyrics to most of the songs, stored them in Lyrics.xml, but when I play a song in MP, and then go to My Lyrics, it tells me no lyrics found, when I know that the song in question has lyrics.
    Hi. It sounds indeed very odd... First open the configuration and check that the song has a valid lyric. Then select the file in MyMusic and go to MyLyrics and see what the MyLyrics.log has to say. If the lyrics is located it should state (example here is with Arctic Monkey song) "MyLyrics Information: 0 : 101.6: Lyric found: Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales Of San Fransisco. Place: lyric database".

yetdog

Portal Member
    February 15, 2007
    DMB - Crash Into Me has a valid lyric when checking the config's db. I do as you say, and this is what shows up (I tried it twice):

MyLyrics Start: 0 : 000.0: MyLyrics opens
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.0: findLyric(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.0: SeekLyrics(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.1: LyricsOnDemand(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.1: Lyrics007(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.1: Start searchLyricWiki(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 003.1: Search terminates: No lyric found...
    MyLyrics Stop: 0 : 032.7: MyLyrics closes
    MyLyrics Start: 0 : 037.1: MyLyrics opens
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: findLyric(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: SeekLyrics(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: LyricsOnDemand(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: Lyrics007(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.2: Start searchLyricWiki(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 039.2: Search terminates: No lyric found...

Oddly enough, the "Search terminates:" lines only show up once I quit out of MyLyrics in MP. But - it never seems to check the actual database - it just wants to go online, according the log file. Even still - I would think that it would find something. Thanks for your help - let me know if you need any more information.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    DMB - Crash Into Me has a valid lyric when checking the config's db. I do as you say, and this is what shows up (I tried it twice):

MyLyrics Start: 0 : 000.0: MyLyrics opens
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.0: findLyric(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.0: SeekLyrics(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.1: LyricsOnDemand(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.1: Lyrics007(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 000.1: Start searchLyricWiki(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 003.1: Search terminates: No lyric found...
    MyLyrics Stop: 0 : 032.7: MyLyrics closes
    MyLyrics Start: 0 : 037.1: MyLyrics opens
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: findLyric(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: SeekLyrics(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: LyricsOnDemand(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.1: Lyrics007(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 037.2: Start searchLyricWiki(Dave Matthews Band , Crash In To Me )
    MyLyrics Information: 0 : 039.2: Search terminates: No lyric found...

Oddly enough, the "Search terminates:" lines only show up once I quit out of MyLyrics in MP. But - it never seems to check the actual database - it just wants to go online, according the log file. Even still - I would think that it would find something. Thanks for your help - let me know if you need any more information.
    Yup, it seems like you have to copies of DMB - Crash Into Me. However the one version isn't tagged correctly (as you see from the log it is called "Crash In To Me") and it is that title to which the search engine can't find a matching lyric. If you start playing the proper tagged music file, the plugin will find the found lyric in the database and use that.

To get the lyric in the database for the wrongly tagged file you will have to edit the tag to match the correct title. The plugin can natural not fetch a lyric for a incorrect tagged file.

Gaukaren

Portal Member
    January 23, 2007
    I have an issue (also present in older versions) where characters with umlauts, accents, and pretty much any non-ASCII character get stored as a question mark in Lyrics.xml, even if they're correct on the corresponding page from which it was harvested.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have an issue (also present in older versions) where characters with umlauts, accents, and pretty much any non-ASCII character get stored as a question mark in Lyrics.xml, even if they're correct on the corresponding page from which it was harvested.
    I'm dealing with the formatting of special characters in the current development version. So you will find great improvement in version 0.15, all though most of the strange marks and related are fetched from the lyric sites directly. The latter thing is natural difficult to correct.

MoT

September 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Configuration crashes

First of all, mackey, I really like this plugin!

But I'm having the following problem:
    When scanning my Music Database, configuration.exe crashes.
    Everything goes fine (checking marked songs, checking various artists,...) but right when it should start searching, it crashes.
    I'm using SVN from 20/2, but i had it with the ones from 18 and 19/02 as well.
    I have the debugging logfiles at home, i'll attach them tonight.

Tell me what I should be testing, and I'll try it out.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First of all, mackey, I really like this plugin!

But I'm having the following problem:
    When scanning my Music Database, configuration.exe crashes.
    Everything goes fine (checking marked songs, checking various artists,...) but right when it should start searching, it crashes.
    I'm using SVN from 20/2, but i had it with the ones from 18 and 19/02 as well.
    I have the debugging logfiles at home, i'll attach them tonight.

Tell me what I should be testing, and I'll try it out.
    Please check if you are using the right set of dll's. There is both a set for SVN and 0.2.2.0 clean users in the install package. (I'm using the latest SVN and everything works fine)

Gaukaren

Portal Member
    January 23, 2007
    I'm dealing with the formatting of special characters in the current development version. So you will find great improvement in version 0.15, all though most of the strange marks and related are fetched from the lyric sites directly. The latter thing is natural difficult to correct.
    After a brief look around the lyrics sites, it seems that most of my issues might stem from the fact that a couple of them claim the content type to be utf-8, while in reality it's often not (typically ISO-8859-1).

I poked a bit around your sources, but C# isn't my strong suit, so any chance of an character set override? For instance coupled with an 'update this entry' dialog in the database browser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom