MyLyrics 1.35 released (26th August 2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Some great new features have been added to MyLyrics lately. The binding against an unique LRC source, better tagging support, new MyLyrics screens and an improved configuration are the hightlights of this release.

The most exciting new feature is the support for BennieBoy's LRCFinder webservice. MyLyrics and LRCFinder is a great match which enables you to create your own LRC's file based on a plain lyric. You can share your LRC files with the community as well as get hold on the LRC's files from LRCFinder that matches a song in your MediaPortal music database.

The plugin now also supports music streams, and thereby the Last.fm and Shoutcasts plugins.

[size=+1]Major Changes since version 1.23[/size]

Support for BennieBoy's LRCFinder
    LRCFinder is connected to a database with thousands of LRC files. With LRCFinder enabled you will be able to search your whole MediaPortal music database for matching entries or get the LRC file for your currently played title in MyMusic. Also, the plugin let you contribute to the database by uploading the LRC file you just inserted in the MyLyrics configuration or created in the LRC editor mode. You only have to enable these features in the MyLyrics configuration and you are all set for your own karaoke music center.

Support for Last.fm and ShoutCast plugins
    MyLyrics doesn't just check for music files played within MyMusic. Now it also checks for change in information releated to audio streams. When the artist and title tags change in a stream MyLyrics now automatically searches for a LRC or lyric matching these pair of information and presents the result in regular manner.

New screen 'LRC pick'
    Press the 'P' key in MyLyrics and enter the LRC pick mode. Here all LRC files matching your currently played title is found and you can select among them to find the one that matches your song the best. Browse through the found LRC's with the numeric keys and press 'P' to select your favourite one. You will then be returned to a LRC mode and you can enjoy the song with the chosen LRC.

Improved 'LRC editor'
    You will often see that LRCFinder cannot find a LRC file for one of your songs. However if a plain lyric is found it is easy for you to convert it into a LRC file, upload it to the LrcFinder database and share it with the community. To do so, enter the LRC editor mode by pressing 'E'. When in LRC editor mode you can tag a line by pressing the 'Enter' and now also erase the latest tagged line by pressing the 'Backslash' key. When all lines have been tagged, the created LRC file is automatically uploaded to the LRCFinder database (if enabled through the MyLyrics configuration).

Toggle between LRC and plain lyric
    Press the 'F' key to toggle between LRC and plain lyric modes. This might be handy when a found LRC file doesn't fit your song as expected and you want to created your own. Then switch from LRC mode to lyric mode, which starts the search for a plain lyric. Go into LRC editor and create your own LRC file.

Easier 'MyLyrics configuration'
    To ease the configuration of the plugin, three configuration modes have been introduced. A Lyrics mode where you use all supported lyrics sites and services (including LrcFinder) in your searches for lyrics. A LRC mode where you only uses LRCFinder to search for LRC files. And finally a Custom mode where you freely can choose the combination of lyric sources of you choice. Notice, when LRCFinder is selected it will usually be searched first. However in a batch search, all selected sources have equally priority.

[size=+1]Release notes to MyLyrics 1.35[/size]

MyLyrics enables the display of lyrics for the currently played music file inside MediaPortal.
    The plugin is able to show LRC and plain lyrics, and uses both musictags and online searches to find lyrics.

Basic features:
    - Dynamic search for the lyrics (both LRC's and plain lyrics) to the currently played music file.
    - Browse your music database and select the songs to which you want to find lyrics.
    - Batch search for lyrics matching songs in music database.
    - Search single title and select amoung lyrics from various lyrics sites.
    - Add/delete/edit lyrics and save changes in lyrics databases.
    - Import/export lyrics to/from music tags.
    - Include lyrics from the Internet, musictags, text- and lrc-files.
    - Create a LRC from a basic lyric on the fly and share it with the community.

Keys:
    - W key (or '#' button on remote): Toggle between basic and wide screen.
    - E key (or '*' button on remote): Toggle between lyric and editor screen.
    - P key: Toggle between LRC and LRC pick screen.
    - F key: Toggle between LRC and lyric mode. In lyric mode a new online search starts.
    - S key: Increase the vertical scroll speed in scroll mode. A total of six speed available.
    - Enter key (or 'OK' on remote): Tag line in LRC editor mode.
    - Backslash key: Delete the last tagged line in LRC editor mode.

Screens:
    - Lyrics basic: shows lyric with coverart on the right (default lyrics screen).
    - Lyrics wide: shows wider lyric area and no coverart.
    (Two sub modes for both Lyrics basic and Lyrics wide: static mode (default) or scroll mode)
    - LRC basic: shows lrc file and coverart on the right (default lrc screen).
    - LRC wide: shows wider lrc area and no coverart (the plugin autoselects this if the lrc contains one or more long lines).
    - LRC pick: uses BennieBoy's LRCFinder to select among different matching LRC entries.
    - LRC editor: enables the creation of lrc lyric from a plain lyric.

Compatible with MediaPortal 1.0.2 and MediaPortal 1.1.0 Alpha.

Installation:
    Simple copy the content of the zip-file into your MP library (typical C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal).

Noteworthy changes since version 1.34:
    - Fix: The LyricWiki entry fixed (webservice always returned information text instead of lyric.).
    - Fix: Toogle between cover and artist art were deactivated, so artist art was never shown.
    - Add: Album art also shown in editor mode
    - Fix: Fix LyricsPlugin unicode (thanks to yoavain!)

DOWNLOAD MyLyrics 1.35 here

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This sounds great! I'll download and install at once. If I would suggest anything to be added (if MediaPortal allows) is to have the lyrics in columns instead like most lyrics are presented on album/CD covers.

Thanks!
    Emph

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Great plugin mackey, thanks!

I saw that someone asked you to support hebrew lyrics site called shironet.net
    I have a pretty good alternative which is based on the popular lyrics plugin for winamp & media player. I was `snooping` that plugin and found that it's pretty easy to query it:
    http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=........&title=........
    parsing it should be easy...

For example:
    http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=R.E.M.&title=Monty Got A Raw Deal
    For hebrew example:
    http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=ברי סחרוף&title=מפנה מקום

Thanks,
    Y.V.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This sounds great! I'll download and install at once. If I would suggest anything to be added (if MediaPortal allows) is to have the lyrics in columns instead like most lyrics are presented on album/CD covers.

Thanks!
    Emph

Good idea, but it will be difficult to make a screen with columns that looks good for all lyrics. There will be a lot of forced line breaks for most lyrics which won't look good at all. Also it would tedious to implement, so it is not going to happen :)

Great plugin mackey, thanks!

I saw that someone asked you to support hebrew lyrics site called shironet.net
    I have a pretty good alternative which is based on the popular lyrics plugin for winamp & media player. I was `snooping` that plugin and found that it's pretty easy to query it:
    http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=........&title=........
    parsing it should be easy...

For example:
    http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=R.E.M.&title=Monty Got A Raw Deal
    For hebrew example:
    http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=ברי סחרוף&title=מפנה מקום

Thanks,
    Y.V.
    I'll have a look and see if it is possible. I'm not that optimistic, though. I'm not sure that the lyricengine is able to handle hebrew strings flawlessly, to convert hebrew letters to character codes smoothly and apply them to the querystring as intended. What I'm trying to say is, that it may be possibly, but that the plugin isn't able to handle the conversion between e.g. Chinese or Hebrew letters to English letters and find lyrics for them. I'll think this into future changes and hopefully find a way to include Hebrew searches as well.

cheers,
    mackey

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    i have a problem with settings not being saved right.. for example i select "use autoscroll mode as default" and upon next start of configuration.exe the option is not selected. there is nothing in the logs...

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    next problem i have is with the all those labels :)

13 labels * 2 * 2 = 52! + 12 timestap labels :)

i'll be talking about label 0 but it's the same for others

so we have line 0 id 400, 500, 200, 300

i have figured out that 400 and 500 are used when no timestamps are shown and 200 and 300 are used when there are timestamps..

but what's the point having 2 labels for each? maybe for shadow text? that could be done in the skin without dual labels too..

but main problem: when you press "p" (lrc selection) you show timestamps but 400 and 500 labels are used.. makes text overlap..

also if you show text "This song already has a valid LRC lyrics" when you press "e", you can use labels 400 and 500 coz if you use 200 and 300 it makes text offset to right which just isn't visually nice :)

oh, and btw, it would be better if you take advantage of dual labels for wide and normal views.. sometimes, they go over the album art..

thanks!

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i have a problem with settings not being saved right.. for example i select "use autoscroll mode as default" and upon next start of configuration.exe the option is not selected. there is nothing in the logs...
    What do you do precisely? I cannot reproduce this. Everything is saved correctly all the time in the scenarious I have tried.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    next problem i have is with the all those labels :)
    13 labels * 2 * 2 = 52! + 12 timestap labels :)
    i'll be talking about label 0 but it's the same for others
    so we have line 0 id 400, 500, 200, 300
    i have figured out that 400 and 500 are used when no timestamps are shown and 200 and 300 are used when there are timestamps..
    but what's the point having 2 labels for each? maybe for shadow text? that could be done in the skin without dual labels too..
    but main problem: when you press "p" (lrc selection) you show timestamps but 400 and 500 labels are used.. makes text overlap..
    also if you show text "This song already has a valid LRC lyrics" when you press "e", you can use labels 400 and 500 coz if you use 200 and 300 it makes text offset to right which just isn't visually nice :)
    oh, and btw, it would be better if you take advantage of dual labels for wide and normal views.. sometimes, they go over the album art..
    thanks!

Straight from memory:
    Controls 2xx are used for ordinary lines in LRC editor mode
    Controls 3xx are used for tagged lines in LRC editor mode
    Controls 4xx are used for lines in LRC basic/wide mode that haven't been processed yet
    Controls 5xx are used for lines in LRC basic/wide mode that have been processed
    Controls 6xx are used for timestamps in various modes

In the past the various kinds of skins demanded that lines in LRC editor and the other LRC modes could be written in different places. Accordingly the sets (2xx + 3xx)'s and (4xx + 5xx)'s were needed back then. I am not sure that this is still the case but due to the architectural elementary design I have not plans to change it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." as they say ;)

There are two controls for each line. One is for the line that have been processed yet and the other is used when the line has been song/tagged.

I don't get your problem. In "LRC pick" mode the controls 4xx and 5xx are meant to be shown. Please consider either Blue3 or Blue3wide as reference. The skin for StreamedMP may need some cleaning up.

cheers
    mackey

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    this is example of what i've been telling you:
    i have set 6xx controls on posx 400
    i have also set 4xx and 5xx controls to position on posx 400 (because this looks nicer, no gaps left since 6xx are not shown)
    2xx and 3xx are set on posx 550 (because 6xx has to be on front)..
    but now if i enter "p" mode, 6xx, 4xx and 5xx overlap (first two screenshots)..

oh, one more "bug" i have encountered.. look at the second two screenshots.. editor mode does not look ok?

Attachments

• 21-32-21.png
      21-32-21.png
      222.3 KB
    • 21-32-05.png
      21-32-05.png
      247.5 KB
    • 21-30-12.png
      21-30-12.png
      493.5 KB
    • 21-30-19.png
      21-30-19.png