MyMusic: No album/artist info on a CD (1 Viewer)

DarellS

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
A fresh installation of MediaPortal and TV3 engine on a newly built dedicated HTPC machine with Vista Home Premium.

1. starting mediaportal (no other applications running)
2. go to My Music
3. insert an audio CD (tried different quite common CDs e.g. Tom Waits: Mule Variations)
4. confirm either play now or not - makes no difference
5. Shares View - press F9 and album/artist info - nothing happens
6. tracks on CD displayed as Track01, Track02, etc.
7. change view to Artists - album displayed under "U" (uknown), select show album/artist info, MP displays some weird info, but unlike in the shares view seems to be connecting to a database (FreeDB???) and looking for some info.
8. tried different things but never get the correct info on the CD, in vistas media player I get the info on the CD instantly, MP has certainly access to internet: myweather, WebEPG work well.

I have already posted a request for help in respect of this issue in regular forums, I believed I was misconfiguring something, but could not get a reply.

Many thanks.

DS

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    it looks like the FreeDB query is not working for you at all.
    problem is that i don't see anything in your log.

To be honest, i never tried to retrieve album/artist info for an Audio CD.
    it makes absolutely no sense, as the CD Info is not stored in the Database at all.

So even for me, where i have the CD detected correctly there's no action when i press F9 and do an album/artist info.
    It is not implemented. the menu shouldn't be shown for an audio cd imo.

DarellS

Portal Member
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    it looks like the FreeDB query is not working for you at all.
    problem is that i don't see anything in your log.

OK, thanks. does that mean that i should not expect a solution now or is there a way i could help diagnose the problem?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, it's simply not implemented
    Artists of a CD don't become part of the Database, so there's also no Artist / album Info stored about that.
    imo the submenu entry should be hidden for CDs

DarellS

Portal Member
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    When you said that the freedb query does not work for me I thought that you meant that it works for others.

Let's forget about the album/artist info menu item: when I insert a CD, should MP connect to the freedb and should I see a name of the album and names of the tracks/songs in MP or not?

I've installed the CDSlayer plugin and it does connect to the freedb authomatically and then saves the tracks together with the relevant info in tags to the HDD. But when I insert a CD and just want to play it in MP, should I or not see the names of the album and songs?

Many thanks and appologies for being so persistent. I did look through the wiki and the forum but could not really find a definitive answer to my perhaps stupid questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom