MyMusicVideos Plugin (Yahoo Launch Videos) (1 Viewer)

jol

Portal Member
December 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
does anybody know how to make it work under 1RC, too?

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't have the negative effect video you guys are having, but ever since moving to RC1 & all SVNs since, the video quality looks bad for MyMusicVideos. It's as though it's using a reduced bitrate & ignoring the one I'm set to in the plugin.

I wondered if it was something I changed on my living room HTPC, so I tried it on a test machine in the basement, & same thing. The videos look 'blobby' like some of the older content on Yahoo, but these are new songs.

I ran MP in a window, hoping to see the codec pop up in the systray, so I could try to tweak it, but no codec pops up.

Has anyone else had this issue since going to the RCs?

I'm using XP SP2 on both machines.

Bitrate selection is definitely broken. I just went to the yahoo music website, & played a video. At the top right there is a video quality link. Changing that results in a drastic difference in quality. The same video played back in MYMusicVideos looks like crap regardless of which bitrate is selected.

To quickly see it, play 'Touch my body' by Mariah Carey. The car at the very beginning is a mess in MP. It looks perfectly clear on the website once you increase the bitrate.

I see that the plugin offers 128,512,768 etc., while the website offers 300,500,700,1000. Could be that all the Yahoo sites changed the bitrates on offer, & MP's bitrate request is being ignored since it doesn't match any on offer?

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The "most viewed" choise doesn't work anymore? Either does search, both returns an empty list.

Is there a fix for this?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Testing here from UK.

USA nothing works.

UK only 'new' works ; 'genres' and 'most wanted' fail.

All other countries work fine for all selections.

Available bitrates needs updating to match the sites.

What is also needing a good look at is the bug with VRM/EVR in VISTA, this causes the biggest drop in PQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom