MyPhoto should play video files (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd like to have my cams configured to automatically move everything from card to harddisk on connection. This way even my girlfriend can handle it ;)

Unfortunately the digital camera is not only used for photos but also for videos. They reside in the MyPhoto directory as well.

The only way to watch them right now is to set the photo path also as a video path and to switch between..

As often the videos are chronologically related to the photos it gets worse..

Why not simply "launch MP's video handler" if a video is found?

momota

May 9, 2005
    Stockholm
    I can only second on that, i.e. I unfortunately never see the videos that I take with my digital camera.

It really would be great if;
    - clicking on a "video thumbnail" in a photo album (which should then of course have to be visible :wink: ) would lead to the video being played.
    - a slide show over a photo album would also show the videos as an integral part of the show.

Is this really such a difficult thing since none of the solutions that I have seen (from Windows Explorer, via MCE to Pinnacle Showcenter) can do this?

Cheers!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Let me bump this request, I have looked for a solution to do this, but have yet to find anything.

MP is great for watching photos already, but seeing as most digital cameras can nowadays also shoot video clips, I think alot of people would benefit from this.

Please please please, can someone look at this?

Thnx

PS: If anybody knows of a different software that does this in the meantime, please tell me.

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Big up for this one for me as well!
    I have .mov format from my KonicaMinolta Z2(?), and I only watch them in the cam, then they are just put away for a rainy day when I will add them to some kind of DVD (takes long time to render!)

/Niclas

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2004
    Really a great idea, I´ll look what I can do. Maybe there´s a possibility to link the files to MediaPlayer. And close MediaPlayer again at the end of your video.
    A question:
    Are all of your videos taken by digicam in quicktime format, or are different codecs used by different digicams ?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    MediaTobiPortal said:
    Are all of your videos taken by digicam in quicktime format, or are different codecs used by different digicams ?

No, mine takes .avi files (not sure which specific codec) and my old one used to take mpg files, so it varies.

Doesnt really matter though, just launch the movieplayer and it should work.

Really great news that its on the todo list :)

Inker

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Inker said:
    Doesnt really matter though, just launch the movieplayer and it should work.

Hi there, my Minolta DiMage Z3 capture in QuickTime MOV format, so i think that we need MP to handle a different player also ?? :?

Both Minolta DiMage Z2 and Z3 make MOV files, and i can´t think that these two is the only one to capture in MOV format on the marked ?? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom