MyPlayButton (1 Viewer)

tfro71

Portal Member
May 7, 2005
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
I have this really nice play button on my MCE remote which does absolutly nothing. The same for the p button on the keyboard.

So I want to build some code that handles these keys. First i'll start with the music part but maybe i'll try to do it for video to. I hate that fast forward without the possibilty to change back to normal playing with one key.

Plans are like this:
When pressing the PLAY button when standing on a folder with songs it will add all the songs in the folder to the playlist.
When pressing the Play button when standing on a song it will add that song to the playlist
When pressing INFO on a folder you get the contextmenu of that folder (add to playlist or play directly).
When pressing INFO on a song you get the contextmenu of that song (add to playlist or play directly).

This will be built as process plugin so you can add this button very simple to your MP.

If you have some nice ideas about this they are very welcome.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The actions you describe for the play button is exactly what happens if you press the Y key (queue song/folder). So you could just update the mapping in keymap.xml, but I am not sure if this will work for MCE remote.

Might be nice if you could add those actions to the normal context menu (F9 opens context menu). If you bind it to INFO you lose the ability to get the album/artist info

tfro71

Portal Member
    May 7, 2005
    Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
    The keyboard mapping did not work because the mceremote pluging does not look at the keymapping. The buttons are (in code) mapped to the actions in MP.
    So there is a new plugin (see patches in sourceforge) that maps the play button to the y-key action.

Maybe we should give the mceremote thing its own keymap.xml. Anybody interested?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very interested since Frodo is to busy with other things for sure ;)

Making MCE Remote configurable would be a great advance to many suggested features..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom