myPrograms 0.2 beta is here! (1 Viewer)

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
For the directory listing have you set the file extension correctly ?
For the my files, have you hit refresh ?
In your source type are you linking to my and not mlf ?

Common mistakes I've made.

Try this for a start, if it's allready done post your .my to see and/or a screenshot of your directory listing and .my configuration.

Good luck.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
That's great news, Molokoids!

I'm going to try this now. And by the way this feature of importing my files is really nice, I've made my offline DVD, VHS catalog with it and I don't think that was your first intention :)

No, that definitely was not my first intention. It's nice that the plugin's kind of "open minded" :eek:

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
mong said:
I know I am missing something here, but I still can't get an external program to launch...

Mong,

in addition to Molokoids' hints:

Check out the WIKI page
http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/plugins:myprograms

I am currently writing a myPrograms documentation and will include lots of examples. It's under construction, but keep visiting it, it will grow quickly :)

One example setting that should help you:

1) Set up an application item similar to this:
Code:
Title: PC-APPLICATIONS
Launching application: <LEAVE THAT EMPTY> 
Startup using ShellExecute: <CHECKED> 
Source-Type: "Directory browsing"
Source: <LEAVE THAT EMPTY>
File Directory: <fill this> 
Image directory: <fill this> 
File-Extensions: .exe,.lnk

Hope that helps. As Molokoids stated, using a *.my file gives you much more possibilities! But this is the most direct way to launch a program.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

just uploaded some small improvements (on CVS and on my server, see first post of this thread).

Code:
* removed BACK button in application list (you need to press <ESC> to go back)
* improve error-handling when launching fails (=> handle exception and write LOG-entry)
* improve handling of duplicate file names (get fileitems by ID, not by TITLE)
* FIX: fileinfo: calling the same fileinfo: "Overview"-text was invisible after the first call
* FIX: fileinfo: do not show file-info screen on "back item"

enjoy! :)

Daniel

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

some more little improvements on myPrograms0.2:

Code:
* reworked the layout of the app definition form
* all folder and fileselectors now remember the previous settings

For those who want to have a look, click here!

it's on my server (see links at first post of this thread)
and it's in CVS!

enjoy!

Daniel

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
... and one more update :)

Code:
* made the other skins ready for myPrograms0.2
* FIX: launchinfo was not loaded correctly (last time launched / nb of launches)
* FIX: gametitle-label was not always set / refreshed correctly

as usual: on CVS and on my server.... please backup myPrograms.xml in the skin-directories to play safe!

enjoy!

Daniel

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Hi, I think I discovered a bug :) Or maybe that's something you're aware of. Or that's just me.

For organisation purpose I moved my Girder folder from C:\Program Files to C:\

Using .my files everything works fine under C:\Program Files but under C:\ I'm just able to start girder.exe. or event.exe, but I'm not able to pass an argument to the program. I've not tried yet other programs to see if that's a general behaviour (to be unable to pass argument to programs that are not located under C:\Program Files).

I'm using the latest myprogram plugin.

Stay tuned :)

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

Molokoids said:
For organisation purpose I moved my Girder folder from C:\Program Files to C:\

This must be a bug somewhere....

So the prog you're launching is "c:\girder\girder.exe" instead of "c:\program files\girder\girder.exe" right?

Do you have a "launching application" defined or do you just "ShellExecute" the my-file entries?

I've not tried yet other programs to see if that's a general behaviour (to be unable to pass argument to programs that are not located under C:\Program Files).

no it has nothing to do with the "program files" folder. I launch all my stuff from other directories with arguments (but with a launching application).

Could you please post the *.my file entry?
Could be a quoting-filenames problem.....

Thanks,

Daniel

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Hi,

waeberd said:
So the prog you're launching is "c:\girder\girder.exe" instead of "c:\program files\girder\girder.exe" right?

Yes.

waeberd said:
Do you have a "launching application" defined or do you just "ShellExecute" the my-file entries?

Shell execute and quotes around filename.

waeberd said:
no it has nothing to do with the "program files" folder. I launch all my stuff from other directories with arguments (but with a launching application).

Could you please post the *.my file entry?

chain="Game",""C:\Girder32\event.exe" EVENT1 -silent"

instead of

chain="Game",""C:\Program Files\Girder32\event.exe" EVENT1 -silent"

or

chain="Game",""C:\Girder32\girder.exe" -eventstring EVENT1"

instead of

chain="Game",""C:\Program Files\Girder32\girder.exe" -eventstring EVENT1"

waeberd said:
Could be a quoting-filenames problem.....

What's weird is that I'm not changing the my file except from C:\Program Files to C:\ and if I use ""C:\Girder\event.exe"" without an argument there's no problem. But if a use an argument nothing happens, not event the event.exe window pops out.
There's no problem in Program files with the original my files. Also "C:\Girder32\girder.exe" -eventstring EVENT1 runs fine in a command prompt.

Hope it's clearer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom