[MyPrograms] Help with zSnes needed please. (1 Viewer)

M

moshdj2uk

I have numerous snes roms, with no extention. Th trouble is, MyPrograms needs at least 1 extention to look for. MP will accept '*' or '.' as extentions, but i can't update the database.

Anyone got any suggestions? Daniel perhaps?

sickboy

Portal Member
September 22, 2004
Berlin, Germany
why don't rename all the roms?

Mark all the files and then rightclick -> rename. type there *.zip, or what you want. (Normally SNES roms are in zipfiles. In this moment I don't have access to my htpc, so I can't see what in the zipfiles)

M

moshdj2uk

Tried that. They don't load. As they are, they work perfectly in zSnes. It's just that MyPrograms can't index them as there's no extension.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

true, files with no-extensions are not added when pressing the "Update Database" button in configuration. I will fix that!

Meanwhile, you can try the following things:

* as sickboy (tnx btw) suggested, make ZIP files (but actually do pack every rom into a zip file, don't just rename the file)
* if you don't zip the files, rename the roms, but add another "valid" zsnes extension. All my snes roms have the extension ".smc", maybe try this one!

* if this doesn't work, can you please mail me one rom that doesn't run so I can make sure it will be fixed? (=> waeberd AT solnet.ch)

* (a pain in the ass, but works): add the roms one by one in the FILES-tab. Not seriously recommended for your whole collection, but maybe nice to know that launching your non-file-extension-roms really works :)

I'll let you know as soon as the fix is done!

Cheers,

Daniel

M

moshdj2uk

.smc extension works fine. I should have thought of that :)

Thanks Daniel.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
good to hear it works!

Meanwhile I've added the option to look for files "without any extension".
Just add a tiny little "." to the extension list (or click the question mark button).

Not super-intuitive, but as it's quite rare it should be fine like this.

Cheers,

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom