myPrograms & Mame (2 Viewers)

bug

Portal Member
September 9, 2005
I'm trying to get mame configured using the myprograms plugin. Mame works fine from the desktop but when set up in myprograms plugin and click on the update database button it appears to scan the roms folder then for the catver.ini and history.dat (which are present) but doesn't add any roms to the list.

I'm running it from a mapped network drive.

If i use the directory cache option and set it up manually and click the update database button it scans the roms folder and lists them all, but of course only shows the zip file names which in mame are pretty useless and doesn't have categories/genres which isn't good when there are over 3000.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

is the files-folder set correctly?

are the roms saved in the default location (ROMS-directory)?

do you have spaces in the folder name?
(maybe try to remove them => move mame to something like c:\emu\mame32)

I'm without MP here, so these are just some wild hints...

You're right that a zip-list is useless, that's why the mame importer was done....

Hope that helps, I will be back on september 18th

Daniel

bug

Portal Member
September 9, 2005
yes, all the roms are in the default location.

I run mame from the same mapped network drive on 3 systems, mapped to T:\Emulate\Mame32, the same mapped drive (T) being set on each system so that all the paths will be the same, mame runs fine from the desktop on all systems.
The roms folder is the default (T:\Emulate\Mame32\roms), the mame32 folder also contains the catver.ini and history.dat files

drullens

Portal Pro
October 28, 2004
Dongen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Same problem here I'm afraid... Can't get MP to update the database. The required files are in the Mame32 base directory (D:\Mame32\) and Mame32 itself runs perfectly.

Gr, Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom