[MYPROGRAMS] Request because of a problem... (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
...which is not a bug, but still is a problem.

I tried to make MyPrograms use my Commodore 64 file list with WinVICE. The problem is that the list is HUGE (I am an old CBM64 user and have thousands of programs) and importing has started and goes VERY slow (yes "goes" because it still does at the time of writing) and is still in letter C.

So the problem is double:

1) I worry if the database can handle this.

2) I cannot stop the import (I would stop it if I could and import some subset of my programs). I cannot kill the process since I am scared of corrupting the database.

So (1) I hope the importer has some check for its own limitations and (2) I wish there was a "cancel import" button.

Now I'll probably have to leave it all night and see what happened tomorrow.

And this brings me to another question. If I DELETE this "directory browse" tomorrow, will it really clear the database contents (as I want it to)? Or did I just make myself a nice fragmented database?

I really hope MyPrograms documentation gets updated soon. It's as important as updating the plugin itself. You see if someone doesn't know how to use it, or doesn't know of new features, what is the poing of updating the plugin. :)

You know what will help? Merging all the MyPrograms threads, or maintaining a single one (will be better both for the developer and for the users). Of course the best solution would be a subfolder under "plugins" forum folder (a solution I propose for all major plugins).

Anyway, keep up the good work (and I am still looking for a way to JUST start executables directly from Home menu, btw).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom