MyPrograms - wierd issue (1 Viewer)

defraguk

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Didcot, UK
Don't think this is particularly a MyPrograms problem but hey.. I have Mame, Project64, ePSXe and Gens all working with snaps etc working great from MyPrograms - except with no sound at all when launched from within MP. Outside of MP they all work fine. I don't have any other sound issues from MP, all other areas are fine.

I have setup the emulators as per wiki and newer instructions found in this forum and I'm using a new-ish cvs build. I'm at a complete loss as to why this should be happening. I made sure each emulator was working fine before setting up in MP, so full screen and gamepad all work ok.

Just wondered if anyone has come across this or had any thoughts?

defraguk

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Didcot, UK
mini update!

I'm still having this sound issue launching emulators from within MP. I've also upgraded to the latest cvs build - just in case!! I've been trying a few other htpc front-ends to see if I can replicate this problem elsewhere and cannot. In Xlobby, GameEx and Meedio I can launch emulators and have full sound.

So, I'm at a loss as to what is causing this problem. There are no errors in the MP log - but I'm wondering if MP is blocking somehow sound when launching external programs????

Hardware wise, I'm running a X-Mystique on an Abit AV7 with a 3200XP. But I don't think this is the problem as it I would issues with the other htpc apps.

Stumped... I don't want to move away from MP as it beats all the other frontends hands down.

Help............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

defraguk

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Didcot, UK
Fixed, but dunno how. Did a clean reinstall of MP and removed all other htpc frontends and reinstalled the soundcard drivers. Now all works fine - very odd, but not complaining!!!

Love this plugin - great work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom