Mystique Satix-S2 Sky Xpress or Tevii S470/471? Which to choose? (1 Viewer)

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,
after my TTbudget S2-1600 broke down i am in the need for a new TV Card for my HTPC.
There are two cards which are interesting for me because of there low price. I dont need dual tuner, CI etc. i just need a card to watch SDTV/HDTV and whick make no problems in Standby.

If anyone has information how well the Mystique Satix-S2 Sky Xpress or the Tevii S470/471 works, please share your experience and make it easier for me to choose.

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay i have chosen the cheap one, the Mystique.
And what can i say, if you use it with Powersheduler++ to restart the TV Service and reinitialize the tuner after S3 it really works the last days for me.

MathiasZe

Portal Member
April 16, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
How is your experience with this TV-Card yet (Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL)? Is S3 still working, watching HD-Stations smooth, Record and watch at same time? Iam surching for a new one too. I just got the Tevii S480 and iam really unsatisfied.

Thx Mathew

Teeo

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Helsingborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have owned a Tevii s480 and I agree that its a crapy card. I now owne TWO Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL and I'm satisfied. The only thing to think about is NOT to check "Allow this card to be preloaded" under tuner settings.

MathiasZe

Portal Member
April 16, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Im using the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL since 4 Months and im satisfied. Smooth pictures, no stutter. Recording 2 Channels and watch another. Absolutely what i was searching for. 5-Stars even :)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Do you have any comments about the Mystique SaTiX-S2 card (not the dual tuner version)? Is it working fine, bit with SD and HD and has no bugs or whatsoever (like resume, or shuttering or anything)? I guess it does not support DiSEqC rotor and cannot operate a motor, but for a single fixed dish it should be fine?

Teeo

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Helsingborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
After 16 mounths one of my cards has broken :(
My TV-server runs 24/7 but when I whent on a hollyday I turnd off the server and disconnected the antena cables (just incase there is a thunderstorm). When I got back, I connected all cables again, and last of all the power cable. When the server started it cannot find the card.
I will buy a new card to replace it but if another is broken I dont know what I will do :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom