MyTrailers problem - only black screen instead of trailer (1 Viewer)

kallak

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
Poland
Hi!
i'm quite newbie .. but looked through the forum and didn't found thread which describes problem like mine..so excuse me if i'm wrong and if that was discussed somewhere else earlier...

I'm using 0.2RC2 + CVS 31.0.12006 - and MyTrailers plugin doesn't work properly - when i start trailer it goes to fullscreen, all i see is "darkness" :( and nothing more. I wonder if there is a problem with codec or sth like that - but other things (Radio, Films, Pictures and DVD,weather) seems to work fine. Any idea what's going on? maybe some kind of another plugin ?

Gordonx42

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
I have the same problem. I find if hit stop when I get the black screen, and select the trailer I want to watch again, and do that a few times, eventually it plays.

Also, same thing happens with internet radio. I was thinking that it must have something to do with streaming content.

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Make sure you don't have the Internet Explorer Popup blocker enabled. I have no idea why, but when I had that enabled I could not get the trailers to play in MP. On a whim I turned it off and things worked perfectly. Go figure!

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    reopening this one :)

Got the same prob, tried to disable popup blocker, but still no sound or picture.

Any ideas? All other videos work, only streaming that doesn't..

bornplaydie

September 3, 2006
    Cannot see trailers on my TV

I am having this same problem. I tried enabling pop-up in IE, and tried rebooting. I am running Media Player 10. Trailers run great on my monitor but not on the TV. Instead the screen is purple.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

figgy78

December 2, 2006
    Oslo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hey, I finally solved this one!
    Start Windows Media Player, go to Tools/Options/Performance and set Connection speed to "Detect connection speed(recommended)".
    That did it for me.

Also remember to set your output to primary display, and disable popup-blocker in Explorer.

Bierflesje

June 25, 2006
    I am having this same problem. I tried enabling pop-up in IE, and tried rebooting. I am running Media Player 10. Trailers run great on my monitor but not on the TV. Instead the screen is purple.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I kinda have the same problem here, Trailers run on my tv but they wont on my monitor. (actually it only runs on the default screen (in windows that is) the other one will go black)
    This is weird because all other media (dvd's, divx, games,TV) are shown on both monitor and TV.
    I have this problem to both the uitzendinggemist.nl and ITV plugins. Is this a limitation due to streaming content? Or am i missing an option here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom