MyTV: Enhance "Start recording" menu (1 Viewer)

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
I'd find the following feature very useful.

When I watch TV and I find a program that's already started and I want to record it, I go out to the main "My TV" menu and press "Start recording", which pops up a little menu where I can choose from "Until current program ends" or "Until manual stop".

I'd like a third option - "After X minutes", where X would be a timeframe selected with a scrollmenu of the kind that is used to switch channels in the "My TV" main menu - i.e. a horizontal scroll menu.

I think the options could be in intervals of 15 minutes, so you choose to stop the recording after 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90... etc minutes.

A lot of times I want to record several shows after each other (sports) or other times there is no program guide data for the channel I want to record, so the "until program ends" option is not useful.

My VCR has a similar function to this (Quick record) and I used it a lot, back when I used a VCR... :)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Although this idea isn't the exact same, it falls under a similar thought process.

There have been many times where I've started watching a program from the beginning (not recording it), and then half way through I realize I would like to have recorded the entire show. I'd like to see a feature that could use the time shiffting buffer and "cut" the show out of the buffer to record/save it to the HD when the show is over.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    MP does this already. When you choose to record the show after it has begun and choose the "Until program finish" option it will add as much of the show as is already in the buffer.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Marcusb said:
    MP does this already. When you choose to record the show after it has begun and choose the "Until program finish" option it will add as much of the show as is already in the buffer.

Hmmm......I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for the info! :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    hehe, the only reason I know this is that I asked for it as a feature request around six minths ago. I think it was DMan who pointed out that it already did it :)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

back to topic, I miss this quick record feature, too.
    And I’m still waiting being able to use this with Media Portal.
    It’s just one of these comfortable and useful functions this superior software should have.

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom