MyTv off when going back to home screen - feature? (1 Viewer)

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    When I exit from mytv, tv always turns off. Tv does not keep running in lower left corner (using blue two), while mymusic, myvideo etc do.

I never thought about it, thinking it was a feature (I'm using MP since january). But yesterday -thinking it could be changed- I tried to go into settings and I was not able change this beaviour.

Is it right? Is it possible to keep tv on in home screen like other plugins do with their visualization?

Thanx in advance

F.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Then you will not at the moment get display on homescreen.

There was some discussion a while ago, about changing this behaviour so whatever function your in, you would get display of running tv if rqd.

It was dropped as too complex for what it is, also not appealing to most people anyway.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Is it really too complex? That seems weird to me considering it seems to just be a smaller version of the preview already in My TV. Perhaps it is too complex because of the current architecture of MediaPortal?

This doesn't really bother me, but I personally don't use Timeshift because I don't have any need for it. This is because I rarely watch live TV in MediaPortal, I prefer to record it and watch it later when I can skip over ads and so I can watch TV to my schedule.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What i meant by complex.

If in any other screen, ie video's, music you would expect to see funtionality appertaining to that screen.

videos playing movies.

music, visualisations.

dvd, Movies.

So your left with settings, plugins, pictures, radio. none of which your in long enough to have a TV preview screen open, actually music\radio\pictures might be the exceptions. watch footie without the crap comentary.

OK stick it in the requested features section, could have its merits. LOL

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    But nobody is talking about having the preview thumbnail/video appear in plugins, etc, just the home screen. Apparently it appears in the home screen now if you have timeshifting on, but not if timeshifting is off, which seems strange to me. This is what pierremenard was saying. Having the tv turn off when not timeshifting and in the home screen also stops you from using that button that shows fullscreen tv in the background of the home screen with the menu options on top.

I think you have missed the point a little, Paranoid Delusion. It just seems weird that you get a preview window on the home screen with timeshifting on but not with it off. It seems weird because it doesn't seem like it should make a difference.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It just seems weird that you get a preview window on the home screen with timeshifting on but not with it off. It seems weird because it doesn't seem like it should make a difference.
    If Timeshift is on, the incoming stream is writen to the disc, and then played by MyTV.
    If Timeshift is off, nothing is written to the disc, MyTV is playing the incoming stream.

At the moment it is not possibel to have the MyTV preview window active one homescreen if Timeshift is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom