MyTV: Picture disappears after TV power off/power (1 Viewer)

EpaL

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Hi,
The problem is when you turn of TV & windows deactivates that part of your graphic card, then MP which renders on that suddently doesn't work & "dirextx lost" causes a "crash" in MP & doesn't recover.......

Regards
Roy

Roy,

Many thanks - that explanation makes alot of sense, especially relating to how MP behaves after the "crash". The $1m question: Is it fixable?

Ed

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I don't know, if you have a option to disable re-detect screens then it could do the trick, but other then that i dunno since i don't have the possibility to test..

Regards
    Roy

EpaL

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Hi,
    I don't know, if you have a option to disable re-detect screens then it could do the trick, but other then that i dunno since i don't have the possibility to test..

Regards
    Roy

Roy,

I'd be happy to do any testing that might be required on this end, either with the latest SVN or a debug binary. I'm not familiar with DX programming but it sounds like it's the drawing surface pointer going south - perhaps just a regular check to make sure it's still valid? I'm desperate to get this fixed - my wife is about to hurl the mini out the nearest window! :(

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Ed

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i just tried that here with curent svn of MediaPortal and TV-Server.
    MyHTPC is connected with a VGA-cable to the LCD-TV

Any chance you can test with DVI/HDMI? This might have something to do with the way Windows handles analog vs. digital devices. I will grab a VGA cable and try the opposite test on my setup in the mean time...
    sorry, no HDMI-out on gfx-card, and no DVI-in on LCD TV.

mickelin

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same issue and found a workaround. I have a plasma connected to the DVI and a projector connected to VGA of my ATI card. I have assigned hotkeys in the ATI Catalyst software to switch the primary monitor output from DVI to VGA and vice versa. Whenever I run into the the black screen problem, I re-initiate the DVI output by typing the VGA-to-DVI hotkey and I have picture again. I'm sure Nvidia has a similar feature.

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Mickelin,

What you explain represents my previous trick version of the fix. Now, I use HDMIon ( HdmiOn | thydzik's technology blog ), assigned and triggered through Event Ghost ( EventGhost:About - EventGhost ), together with Mediaportal commands. So, when I press the "Esc/Back" key on my remote, it triggers HDMIon to reset my HDMI output together with the Mediaportal "Esc/Back", which is not perfect, but working.

Infiniloop,

If I could influence you or another MP developper, I would suggest to integrate the HDMIon code/logic (free and documented on the blog page) into MP as maybe a double click on "ESC/Back", for example...???

I hope this helps, Henry2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom