myTV screen calibration for PC flatpanel display (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I am using a flatpanel monitor as my display (15" iiyama 4:3 LCD), it is actually larger than my current TV screen. In fact, I started getting interested in htpc apps when I got this display...

Currently the screen calibration feature of MP only allows to set overscan. With this display, I would rather need "underscan" or zoom.
I played with gottv, I has the nice ability to allow setting zoom and offset per channel.

The ability to zoom in MP would be great; zooming by channel would be outstanding.

[edit]Gee. Now I see I am among the 6% people with this setup: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156 :)
I guess I'll try tweaking MP conf meself and see if I've any luck[/edit]

A

Anonymous

Usable workaround

This has worked for me for tv in OVERLAY mode:
1) go to settings and set any value for overscan, then back to the home screen and exit
2) In the MP install dir, there is now a file, in my case it was called "calibration720x576.xml".
Open it, e.g. with notepad
3) Change values in the following keys:
<entry name="overscanleft">
<entry name="overscantop">
<entry name="overscanwidth">
<entry name="overscanheight">
What I chose do to was add 10% to my 720x576 screen, which is 792x634.
Then I centered the image. The result is:
<entry name="overscanleft">-36</entry>
<entry name="overscantop">-29</entry>
<entry name="overscanwidth">792</entry>
<entry name="overscanheight">634</entry>
4) Save the file. Restart MP and watch the result

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work in VMR9 windowless mode ???

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

There is long time ago since the last post here. I have a question. How can I activate pass-through in LAV? Is bitsreaming the same like pass-through? When I disable bitstreaming in LAV-filter and watch a movie with 5.1 sound, then the voice is missing. It seems like stereo. When I activate bitsreaming then it works how it should. I'm...
There is long time ago since the last post here. I have a question. How can I activate pass-through in LAV? Is bitsreaming the same...
About this guide There are two versions of this guide. 1. The Quick 5min Setup Guide Use this is you don't want to spend more...
Replies
Views
Can I use your graphics files in my theme? I want to add support for reds.
Can I use your graphics files in my theme? I want to add support for reds.
Pulse8 - Theme for Titan Overview Pulse8 is a theme for Titan which places a 4x2 grid of buttons on each screen allowing for more...
Replies
Views
I'd be happy to test DVb-t here. I live in Australia and I seem to recall tv channel scanning inside MP a long time ago.... Hmm it worked fine back then.. I don't recall the version it was. Anyway.. An MP GUI for the basic settings would be great! Consider scanning, channels, groups, DVb-epg.. A separate app for tv settings? We...
I'd be happy to test DVb-t here. I live in Australia and I seem to recall tv channel scanning inside MP a long time ago.... Hmm it...
Started on: 08-01-2012 last update: 08-01-2012 Summary: To make Freeview/DVB-T channel scanning and management more like a STB...
Replies
Views
Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-0-0-2015-03-26.130171/
Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here...
Google Code project | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
Replies
Views
Your pause states should also sync across okay so you can resume watching where you left off. This is useful when about to fall asleep in my living room when watching via MediaPortal and then resume on my SmartTV with Kodi in the bedroom :)
Your pause states should also sync across okay so you can resume watching where you left off. This is useful when about to fall...
"trakt.tv" actively keeps a record of what TV shows and movies you are watching. Based on your favorites, your friends, and the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom