myTV (1 Viewer)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    2,658
    115
    47
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since you are currently working on myTV, i don't know if some of my requests are done allready. :)

    program guide: search option to find programs, like in myHTPC

    recording I: show the free space on the harddisk. absolute and relative would be nice, to check if enough space is left.

    recording II: set recording quality. would be great if i could choose between some profiles like VCD, SVCD and DVD to set the recording quality for my films.

    Any hint, when a new build will come out? Just can't wait to get my hands on it. In my opinion it is a good decision to mainly support only PVR MPEG cards.
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    Hi FlipGer,
    *-Guide search is definitely on the ToDo list. Probably will not be implemented in V1. Know how to program Visual C#? Want a challenge? The option is looking for a solution, step up and grab the brass ring [sorry, I digress]. But many hands make the load lighter, and the more dev's we have, the sooner the Todo's will materialize!

    *-With the focus on Hardware Encoding cards, there is still some clock cyles open for a Storage Size indicator. I like the idea, instead of errors for unkown failures [llike no drive space left?], a nice pie chart of the default folder would be nice.

    *-As hardware cards encode onboard, the choice of types of quality would probably be after the fact. There are many conversion routines that can make this formats for you. But when Software encoding is supported, then this will be a real possibility...

    *-Ongoing development can be followed on the SourceForge website. Check out the CVS: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.s....php?f=5&sid=5f7e75de6064410057c013272ea93f54
    and build your own current version....
     

    Frodo

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    1,518
    121
    51
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i like the above idea's
    However i'm terrible with graphics so i cannot visualize yet
    how this tvguide searching & HD freespace should look like
    therefore it would help me a lot if somebody could do a mockup of how it should look like in MP
    Just use paintshot or photoshop or ... to give me an impression

    Frodo
     

    FlipGer

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    2,658
    115
    47
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    frodo said:
    i like the above idea's
    However i'm terrible with graphics so i cannot visualize yet
    how this tvguide searching & HD freespace should look like
    therefore it would help me a lot if somebody could do a mockup of how it should look like in MP
    Just use paintshot or photoshop or ... to give me an impression

    I am also not good in graphics. :(

    Just to give a small look on how it could be realized:

    - tv guide searching in myHTPC:
    http://myhtpc.net/images/screens/large/titlesearch.jpg
    - tv guide searching in GotTVPVR
    http://www.gottvpvr.com/ZoomShot.aspx?Image=images/Screencaps/cap16.jpg&Desc=Guide Search

    I liked that option in myHTPC very much, because it made programming tv recording much easier. The solution of GotTVPVR seems to be better, but i haven't tested it.

    - HD freespace:
    I saw a nice picture some time ago, but i do not find it anymore. :( But perhaps the progressbar of MrMario ;) could give some impression, of how it could look like:
    http://kroonstraat.demon.nl/temp/topbartv.png
    Orange is what is used, red is how many space is left. In this bar there could stand the total amount in GB.
     

    barranger

    Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    67
    0
    FlipGer said:
    - HD freespace:
    I saw a nice picture some time ago, but i do not find it anymore. :( But perhaps the progressbar of MrMario ;) could give some impression, of how it could look like:
    http://kroonstraat.demon.nl/temp/topbartv.png
    Orange is what is used, red is how many space is left. In this bar there could stand the total amount in GB.

    You could actually create an entire statistics page, one that includes things like MB temp etc.
     

    FlipGer

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    2,658
    115
    47
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    domi_fan said:
    You could actually create an entire statistics page, one that includes things like MB temp etc.
    Yep, that could also be a good solution.

    Another EPG search example that looks nice is from MythTV:
    http://mythtv.sourceforge.net/mc/mpf3.png
    There you go from left to right. In the first table all characters are listed. In the second all matching programs to the selected character and the last lists all occurencies of the program.

    For more inspiration look at:
    http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythFeatures :)

    The EPG looks in some things very nice, some things are better in MP. Btw: do you have look at / resolve conflicting entries in the scheduled recordings? Didn't test this yet! ;)
    http://mythtv.sourceforge.net/mc/conflictresolution.png

    Have a nice day! Flip.
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom