MyTVSeries - Plugin that organizes TV Video Files (2 Viewers)

Should I implement an automatic file organizer to move and rename files?

• Total voters

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Help

I am running out of time... If anyone is interested in helping me build the MP GUI, please let me know. It shouldn't be that complicated as most of the functions are already created for "My Videos".

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    The screenshots taken when you click on the "Setup Media Portal" icon and click on the properties of this plugin. After reading through MP forum, I found that alot of users wanted database access. It is alot easier to perform tasks like "mass deletes", "builk edits", modification of the regular expressions without having the reply on th MP Keyboard.

Once a have finished the supporting classes, I will start building the media portal interface.

I don't think that creating the media portal interface will be that difficult. It should be using the same functions as the configuration, and as My Videos..

Anyways, I don't know anyone who starts building the roof of a house before finishing the basement.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    WeeToddDid said:
    Anyways, I don't know anyone who starts building the roof of a house before finishing the basement.

hehe :)

Looks very nice. Please keep at it. if you have a solid foundation and the parsing and fileinfo detection works reliably your a big step further. However dont underestimate the work needed within the MP-Interface. While its not very hard to do in principle, it needs alot of tweaking to get it to work right/confortable with a remote. Please dont give up though.

I sent you a filelist as per your request. Hope you can use it.

Inker

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Inker

Actually, I'm going to start right now with the MP interface. Although I have read the plugin how to, I can't find any documentation on how to add a list of items in the GUI.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Re: Inker

WeeToddDid said:
    Actually, I'm going to start right now with the MP interface.
    Thats the spirit! :)

WeeToddDid said:
    Although I have read the plugin how to, I can't find any documentation on how to add a list of items in the GUI. To be clearer here is a screenshot:

Best to hop on IRC for these kidns of questions.

You can take a look into one of the video database displaying source code files (puh...that was long), I think that should give you at least a clue, although I havent checked.

Inker

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    More Screenshots

I have posted the lastest source codes here. If you want test this plugin, remeber to copy the MyTVSeries.xml your skin directory.

Here are some screenshots

Screenshot4.JPG

Screenshot5.JPG

Screenshot6.JPG

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Nice, I'll give it a try this evening.

Did you replace the old one yet, or is this a new entry on the main menu?

Also can you post a compiled version, I think this would help alot of people with testing.

Inker

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    New Source Codes Posted

I have added the ability to actually play the imported videos. This means that the plugin is now usable (barely).

The latest source codes and complied versions are available here.

I will be working on creating a menu system for each item (series, season, episode) to allow the user to view information and download image (using the classes already create in MP; Google and Amazon). I also need to add some checking to ensure that the filename that was found during import still exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom