MyTVSeries - Plugin that organizes TV Video Files (1 Viewer)

Should I implement an automatic file organizer to move and rename files?

• Total voters

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    I have posted new source codes and binary files here.

I have completed the following:
    - Logging
    - Added GUI to add folder locations to import videos
    - Cleaned up the GUI

Unless anyone has any final requests for the Setup GUI, I am now going to concentrate on the Media Portal side of things. The first thing I will do is working of displaying the information that was gathered in the database.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    great work with the plugin so far... :D

i'm having some trouble with the configuration program missing a couple of episode descriptions. it will pull in all the episode titles and cast listings but for a couple of episodes it only shows a blank description. in particular these are prison break ep 12 and 13, lost season 2 episodes 1 and 9 (but it correctly pulls in all the rest of lost season 2). any idea what's happening here?

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    i'm having some trouble with the configuration program missing a couple of episode descriptions. it will pull in all the episode titles and cast listings but for a couple of episodes it only shows a blank description. in particular these are prison break ep 12 and 13, lost season 2 episodes 1 and 9

I have fixed these issues.

I have posted new source codes and binary files here.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    that worked great thanks! a couple more little things i've noticed:

- it would be handy to have a re-lookup button that would force the plugin to get the latest information for an episode. at the moment the only way seems to be deleting it and readding it

- for lost, the show description comes up as "From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias blah blah blah... Full Summary" (i put in the blah blah blah bit :p)... but it's coming up with the link to "Full Summary" on the end. None of the other shows i've got do this, they've all correctly got the full description!

- is it possible to replace multiple line breaks with a single blank line? a lot of descriptions seem to have four or five blank lines between paragraphs and i'm worried this will be annoying when viewed inside the mp gui.

once again, really appreciate the work you're doing here! :D

strontium

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    UK
    I have just downloaded the latest version 0.14a bin files. Everything works fine inside mediaportal.
    I then delete the files via setup so I can re-import them to test everything is still working correctly, when I do this everytime i try to re-import I get this error:

93773787_686c3ecfa2.jpg

Any ideas what is going on? Thanks

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    strontium said:
    I have just downloaded the latest version 0.14a bin files. Everything works fine inside mediaportal.
    I then delete the files via setup so I can re-import them to test everything is still working correctly, when I do this everytime i try to re-import I get this error:

Any ideas what is going on? Thanks

Send me the Log File under MP\Log\MyTVSeries.Log

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    WeeToddDid said:
    Did you get that error with the latest binaries? Because it doesn't do that for me.

ok, i deleted off the database and reloaded everything and it's fixed that issue!

i've got another request :p
    can you make it so when you're loading in a video it will check if there's a image with the same filename but .jpg as the extension, and if so, use that as the thumbnail for the episode? since tv.com doesn't have episode specific pictures, this would allow us to save our own images for each episode and make things look better in the gui :)

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    WeeToddDid said:
    can you make it so when you're loading in a video it will check if there's a image with the same filename but .jpg as the extension, and if so, use that as the thumbnail for the episode? since tv.com doesn't have episode specific pictures, this would allow us to save our own images for each episode and make things look better in the gui :)

You can change the url of any image with it will automatically donwload the image. Secondly, When I have time, I will enable that lookup button, which will automatically search amazon, and google for images.

Is this good enough, or you really want to load images from a file? I would image that you would have to download it from the web some time...

Let me know

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    :oops: didn't think of just putting the url in there... i tried a local file path but that didn't work.

i guess my only problem with that method of doing it is that if (for whatever reason) the series had to be reloaded in from scratch it would be a lot of work to re-enter all these pictures. whereas if you could save them to the same folder and the import automatically entered them it'd make it easy to reload all the episodes without any work... you'd just pick the directory and hit import :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom