"MyWebGUI" plugin ? (1 Viewer)

stadros83

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Paris
Home Country
France France
Hello everybody !

First : sorry for my English, I'm French and I didn't speak since a long time !

I've got a question : is there any "web interface" for MP ?

I would like to use my smartphone to control MP via a web browser. Most for the Music !

So I just install everything I need to code but I just wanted to be sure that there is no plugin like that already existing !!!

I think I will try this first :

- Create a Process Plugin that will only take the tag & co of the current music playing and create a file on the computer
- Use the file just created (a .xml fir example) to feed a website (with wampserver).

If I can do this I think I will be able to make what I really want : Change the music via a browser !

Do you think it can be done or is it impossible for any reason ??

:D

Do you know how I can get the tag of the current file playing ??

Is there a doc that explaining this ?

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm also working on something similair. It kinda got slowed down because of my main project aMPed
Catalog: Movingpictures (running on home server/htpc, not always on, sorry)

I'm thinking expanding it a lot, doing lots more stuff with parsing and writing xml for mediaportal settings etc.
Currently purely sqlite3 based.

Maybe integrate, if at all and remotely possible, on the fly transcoding + streaming video through flash (using ffmpeg).
MP3's will surely be possible to stream on a decent (and constant) connection.

All PHP(5) and realtime. Wouldn't mind sharing code and opening maybe google codes project if someone is willing to help out. It's still to early to make any kind of release, HTML is ugly and buggy (I'm pretty good at it, just didn't do the cleanup yet), I'm no good as a designer either. It is fully tested against vulnerabilities though.

It could also have a XHTML MP version of it for mobile browsers. I set it up nicely code wise I think, so should be easy enough.
Controlling MP with this method won't be at all possible though. Just settings and viewing the collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom