N00b with a few questions (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again :)

my solution was to search on here for a "Colossus Setup guide" ... WOW.. that didn't work out too well
    You're right - there is no guide, and that is because every setup is quite different. ;)

there was one thread that was 100 pages long and old and outdated.
    If you're talking about this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/

People use that thread as an "I'm having trouble setting up my Colossus/HD-PVR, HELP!!!" thread. So in fact, that would have been the place to ask any questions about Colossus. In addition, the info in the first post is absolutely still relevant. I've just updated it with additional information, including a comment about your PMT error.

the preview option doesn't bring up a picture at all.. just the error "no PMT Found"
    This means that the Colossus is not detecting video and/or audio. In other words, you've configured your channels with the wrong inputs. I'm surprised that the tuner inputs work for you. I suspect the Colossus may be auto-detecting... because obviously it doesn't have tuner inputs.

Hefe

Portal Member
    December 13, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I thought that was weird too..

oh well... I will keep plugging away at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom