"named like" TV scheduling feature request (1 Viewer)

pipeme

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Started on: 2007-09-09
last update: NA

Summary:

Area:
TV scheduled recordings

Description:
At the moment you can view the TV guide, highlight a show you want to record and schedule MP to record every time a show with the exact name comes on. This works very well but there are some instances where the TV guide, or station (I do not know who) will add some extra text to the title, for example, I schedule a recording for the Ali G show, then the next week they have a special called "Ali G in da USA", even though I scheduled a recording using "every time on this channel" because the special's title is not an exact match it will not be recorded.

I would like a feature where you can schedule a recording of a show with an option like "record shows similar every time on this channel" then you can select up to what bit of the title for MP to search on. In the above example I would use just "Ali G" in my search criteria.

This would really help as with the AUS guide some shows have a different title each week as they have the name of the episode in there also (Like SBS and South Park).

Thanks for the great work!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    It's funny, I thought MP worked with the exact show names, but recently sceduled ER for my flat mate amd THE INTERPRETER was also listed as an upcoming episode. (the Caps ER in the end of the name).

Strangely I had never seen this before, but just figured it was because I didn't schedule short names before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom