Native Commercial Removal (1 Viewer)

erik1958

Portal Pro
January 28, 2006
I am only using comskip with dvr-ms files so I can't vouch for the effectiveness of comskip with Aussie mpegs (if it makes a difference). Not that that is relevant to MP 0.2.2.0 since it only records dvr-ms, but it may be for MP 0.3.

There should not be any detection performance difference between MPEG and DVR-MS. Comskip should be able to handle all the DVR-MS audio formats.

I don't mind receiving multiple .csv files, each with their own .ini.
Helps me to improve my generic .ini file.

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
If anyone is willing to process some Australian recordings with comskip with
output_framearray=1
set in the ini file and mail me the generated .csv files together with a list where you would like to see the start and end frame numbers of the commercials I will have a look.
Do also send the comskip.ini you use.

Here are some output from a show from Aus Channel 7. I used a comskip.ini written by Taipan (from this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ers-t21035.html?t=21035&highlight=commercial).

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Thanks, will look into this.
    Why do you record with such a huge post padding?

Because in Australia our stupid networks run at least 10 minutes behind schedule.
    Usually more like 15 minutes.

It's more than MCE can even handle so there are EPGs that actually add the extra padding so MCE users don't miss the ends of all their shows.

It's all part of the pathetic way Australian TV stations are trying to stop people using PVR type tech. (they also ban any type of EPG and are currently trying to sue the only provider there is in Aust)..

</rant>

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    I made build 92, special for the huge postpadding situation in australia.
    It may not be perfect yet so I welcome some people testing the new build.
    I attached a comskip.ini that is a generic optimized version I use on my huge test set. Its a a little more agressive then the default ini file in the distribution zip file.
    When using the default ini file from the distribuition you better set
    cut_on_ar_change=1

broadscott

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    I attached a comskip.ini that is a generic optimized version I use on my huge test set. Its a a little more agressive then the default ini file in the distribution zip file.
    cut_on_ar_change=1

Thanks very much for the attention Erik!

I won't be able to help you test this out for a month or so (about to go on a well earned holiday), but if no-one can help you out in the meantime will be glad to assist when I get back!

broadscott

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    cut_on_ar_change=1

Well I just tested the new .ini file and it worked quite well! I have attached the results. I checked the .edl output file and it caught all the of the commercial breaks almost perfectly! However, when I watched the edited dvr-ms file with the commercials removed (created using decom-dvrms), it had cut the file a different locations than those listed in the edl file. So if I were to watch the recorded file using the .edl file to skip commercials it would be fine!

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem could be the difference in frame rate between PAL and NTSC, the cutter you use may be assuming one frame rate per second and the edl the other, this could give the probelm you describe.

cheers m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom