Native IRtrans VFD support. (1 Viewer)

Rene.71

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
Vlaardingen
Will there be a possibility that you guys can implement native support for the IRtrans USB device. This VFD and IR unit is currently shipping with the DiGN HTPC cases (at least with the HV7SQ).

The software (plugin /.net including sourcecode) can be downloaded from their site (www.irtrans.com).

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'll bump this thread :eek:

Currently I can unly use the USB dongle that came with my MCE remote.
I wish I could remove it, and use the IRTrans software instead..

tnx

peep

Portal Pro
March 1, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
MP now has support for the IR-part of the IRTrans module, atleast for the MCE remote, what's now on the request list is native support to use the IRtrans VFD without having to use Girder (or any other similar sw).
IRTrans is listed in the External Display plugin but I haven't been able to get it working. Anyone who knows if this is actually working and I just haven't found the correct settings, or?

Thanx..

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i was developing the IR-part of IRTrans. I can enhance it for other remotes than MCE, if there is any interest.
    However i can't help you with the VFD stuff, since i own a X15e with Touch screen and don't have the VFD therefor.

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    One thing that I would like to see (not sure how many others want this feature) is to be able to map my remote myself. I currently use a Kameleon URC-8206 and use a sw called ir2keyboard (or something like that) to map my remote to keyboard buttons. I am using this to be able to use all the buttons on my remote and use all the functions available in MP.
    Does the MCE remote have enough buttons to operate all of MP's functions? I would use the MCE-remote settings on my Kameleon but I recall that the PVR buttons (play, stop etc.) didn't work with the Microsof-code that came with my remote. (should probably email them asking if I'm even using the correct code)

BR.
    Tobias

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tobias,

i found currently a bug in the IRTrans.Net.dll, which seems not to get fixed by IRTrans.
    So i will rewrite the complete support of IR and then you will be able to map the keys.

Hope to have something after the weekend.

regads,

Helmut

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Nice, you just made my usually so dark and booring office light up and put a big smile on my face :)

Great news, I've been wanting to stop using that ir2keyb for quite some time now. If now only a skilled-enough-coder would find it in their interrest to write the VFD support aswell.

...getting ready to tick one issue of the requestlist...

Many thanks to you Helmut

Mr.WOP

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2006
    The Netherlands
    This realy is good news! :)

I don't have the Origen Display yet, but it will arrive soon(I hope :) )
    Whould realy be nice to have direct IR support.

Tnx in advance! :D

VFD support would be nice aswell, but that's a totaly differend topic...
    Tobias, do you currently have a working solution for your VFD?
    I was thinking about rewire it to LPT(if possible) and hope i don't destroy it like i did with my Sasem VFD(I hate static electricity) :(

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yepp, there's a howto somewhere on this board that tell you how to get the vfd to work using Girder 3.x. It does work, but I preffer having MP handle it all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom