Operating System Need Help For MediaPortal in shell and load Run Key Registry (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Community

I use MePo as Shell, but the problem is, to load Run key at startup !

i know Run key is loaded after Explorer.exe in shell mode !

nobody know a software or code-line for start Run key with Mediaportal ?

Or this can be added to MePo ?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

So you have changed the default shell to be MePo, but you still want the programs under the "run" key to load?

How about instead of loading MePo as the shell, you run a CMD file, which loads the "run" reg key programs and then MePo?

Or you launch some of those programs as scheduled tasks at startup or logon?

J.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi there,
    So you have changed the default shell to be MePo, but you still want the programs under the "run" key to load?
    How about instead of loading MePo as the shell, you run a CMD file, which loads the "run" reg key programs and then MePo?
    Or you launch some of those programs as scheduled tasks at startup or logon?
    Yes, actually i use Mepo as Shell replacement. and i want launch all "Run" Key from registry
    Actually for load IRSS and others software , I use GroupPolicy with an "logon script", but this is closed, for software installed (uninstalled) i must re-adapt script !
    And when Windows is updated, i must revalidate script in GroupP, because nothing is loaded
    Example in last page of this document
    Only Service are started correctly.
    I have tested with CMD, but i think i forgot something !
    I would know if a MP Plugin can load all RegistryKey "Run", i have searched for information in C# but nothing ! As it was not possible!

I use MP in shell for more than a year.
    I don't know if MP can have an spécific function "-shell" for use it in shell mode ! it's so great to not view Windows at startup !

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @Scythe42 : i don't know if you can help / make an solution for this, i don't want post on your topic about it ! if is not possible and also your thread is already over charged

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Use the Task Scheduler with an action fired upon a logon event.

I recommend replacing everything in your Run Key with proper Task Scheduler entries. It's cleaner and more compatible. And it is copy and paste of what gets executed.

In fact the Run key in the registry is against current MS guidelines and should not be used anymore. If I have some time I will remove it from MP as well replacing by a proper call to the TaskScheduler class for a logon event.

No, will not change anything for the user before the doomsayers are coming out again.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom