need help getting MediaPortal and comcast set box talking (1 Viewer)

scotchfaster

October 15, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using 1.0.0.0 RC3 on Windows Vista with a TV Wonder HD USB stick.

After talking with Comcast, I've determined that in order to get access to digital channels, I need to run the cable from my wall to the set box, and then out from the set box to my TV Wonder USB stick. They also suggested I use the "QAM HRC" settings to scan for channels. However, when I scan for channels (no mater what set of tuning frequencies it tries), it reports "No signal" on every channel it tries.

However,, when I run Windows Media Center, it is able to display video from the cable box (although because it's not recognizing my IR receiver it then punks out for no good reason).

Any ideas? I really want to use MediaPortal. Thanks in advance!

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Make sure that your coax connection is good. I have had the screw fittings work loose and I had no signal with my coax cable (I have some coupling connectors to join 2 cables together). Triple check all your coax RG6 connections are good. I would then connect a tv to coax and make sure it gets the signal. If good then you have verified your signal. Then unplug the coax from the TV and plug it into your wonder capture card. I can't tell you how many times i have sinched the screw fittings tight and they have still worked loose.

If still problems then it is a PC issue and not a signal issue. In the past I had trouble trying to run both MediaPortal and the XP MediaCenter service. It might be that the 2 applications conflict because they both try to own the capture device. Try making sure that your Vista MediaCenter service is disabled and reboot. Failing that un-install MP and re-install it. This should automatically disable the Vista Media Service if my conflict theory is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom