need help to install aMPdroid (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi all:

Now that I have a samsung with android I would like to use aMPdroid to control my MP.

So installed everything as explained here:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Mobile/aMPdroid/Set_up_aMPdroid

Hoiwever everytime I try to access i get the message:"remote connection couldn't be established"

anyone can help me please??

I know this is not an easy plugin to install and I'm not very techy, but I would like to make it work.

Thanks in advance for yr time.

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all:

Now that I have a samsung with android I would like to use aMPdroid to control my MP.

So installed everything as explained here:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Mobile/aMPdroid/Set_up_aMPdroid

Hoiwever everytime I try to access i get the message:"remote connection couldn't be established"

anyone can help me please??

I know this is not an easy plugin to install and I'm not very techy, but I would like to make it work.

Thanks in advance for yr time.

Mate

check out this video it may help...

Cheers

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Thank you guys.

I have got something easier to install from android market "unified remote"

Not featured as aMPdroid but simple to install.

madvario

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
Northern Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
with a little bit reading ampdroid is easy to install too.

on client
install netframework4full
install mpextended
open the ports 8017 for remote and 4322 for tv in your firewall

install ampdroid and barcoo (for QR-Code) on your phone, scan the QR-Code with ampdroid and have fun.

If doesn't work, then add username with password in mpextended and in ampdroid.
the best is to use your windowsname and password.
thats all

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Thanks I didn't give up.

I will try again one of these days.

EDIT: what is more complicated for me is that part on the video about changing docs and settings database.Is that really necessary ??

madvario

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
Northern Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
This version of aMPdroid NEEDS MpExtended Service (not WebMediaPortal) as backend, so you need to install this first. It WILL NOT work with GmaWebservice/Tv4Home. Also, unfortunately there is no easy way to create two versions of the same app which both can be installed on the same device, so you need to remove your existing aMPdroid versions (your settings will be lost). If you don't want to lose your settings please wait a until the update is pushed to the Android market. I'm not doing this because imo the current version is still not ready for a full release (but I still wanted to give you a preview of what's to come).

It's all in this thread
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ampdroid-1-0-preview-release.103882/

In this thread is anything explained, what you need to know.

Just read first post on first site. there is also a link in first post to the project page.

greets

madvario

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom