Need some help regarding RTSP REDIRECT headers

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by Valk, June 1, 2008.

1. Valk

Valk Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +138 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    After help from anyone who might know a bit about the RTSP Header and how it works.

I'm in the middle of writing a plugin for the tv server to make a rss feed of the channels (done, but could use a little clean up). Once you click on one of those links its ment ot start up timeshifting then redirect the client to the RTSP stream.

So far I can get all this to work, problem is the header I send back to the client to redirect doesn't seem correct.

Sadly i've had a hard time finding useful information on the internet about this since I haven't got a really good idea on what i'm trying to tell the client with the header.

If someone could give me a example header to reply back to the client and explain a few of the variables like "CSeq" that would help alot.

The best document i've had to go on so far is: RFC 2326 - Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). H. Schulzrinne, A. Rao, R. Lanphier.
    Sadly I haven't quite got it yet.

Anyway thanks for any help you can give and hopefully what i'm trying to do will work :).

-----------------

Anyway after going through the standards a bit more I came up with a solution to my problem, now I can generate the .rss file and get VLC to redirect to the TvServer RTSP location.

Sadly when I tried to use tversity to connect to the rss feed it sent a unexpected header to my mini webserver so i'm gona have to go over that and make it compatible.

Alwell hopefully I might have a useful plugin soon to upload :).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!