Need some help wth setting up a skin (1 Viewer)

ofird

Portal Pro
January 8, 2011
I really think i can enjoy MyEmulators with StreamMP much more if the skin would have behaved like My Movies (or similar) in essence of showing text descriptions / fanarts / etc.

I tried to use the one here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/myemulators-new-plugin-id-xml-file-49038/index3.html#post337455 as I am quite happy with its screenshots

But it didnt work for me - in fact on each entrance to myEmulators, the myEmulators.xml file got erased :confused: and the original was restored?

I could only see screen shots once I created a "screenshots" folder and set pics with the gametitle...

BTW - why isnt this done by default by the plugin? I think all would have wanted the data in thoir MP (StreamedMP)

Second Q - Is there a way to update game details from MP GUI? how?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There have been a number of skin related changes to the plugin since that skin file was created - most notably the use of Skin Properties to display info and images which is prob why the images don't show. Take a look at the skin file supplied with the plugin to get the names of the properties used.

I'm also not really happy with the current layout but I'm not very good at skinning :) I'm hoping we can get some skin devs on board when we get the new release out. I hadn't seen the layout you've linked to before, I'll take a look and see if we can borrow some ideas from it.

:D

ofird

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2011
    Thanks for the reply - i dont recall a skin supplied with the latest version (the one installed by StreamedMP)
    Can you post or share with me some manual on how to enable it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom