Nero 6 Reloaded - Is this a good Suite? (1 Viewer)

KidKiwi

Portal Member
July 25, 2005
Hi All,

Making an enquiry about this package as I'm new to DVD burning etc. Is it a good suite? Any issues?

I have Nero Express OEM that came with my burner, but I have a lot of LP's to convert and I wanted something to clean them up (the OEM doens't seem to do this) - sounds like the full package does this and a lot more. Is it the defacto standard?

Thx

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    To convert LP's to MP3 i use Steinberg Clean. I think they're now owned by Pinnacle. At least here in Europe you can find this package for around Euro 30,-- in MediaStores.

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i use accoustica to record the LPs to WAV format. I edit there (cutting, noise reduction, etc) and then save to mp3 using dbPoweramp...

KidKiwi

Portal Member
    July 25, 2005
    Thanks for the replies. I'll check these out. One of the reasons I've asked about Nero is that I've heard the name branded around for a while and I was beginning to think perhaps it was some sort of defacto standard. Another aspect it seems to do quite a lot of other stuff as well (independent of just LP noise reduction). I like to get user input if I can - always gives a better perspective than just the blurb they have on their site.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For cd burning they are the standard. Only in the later versions you have to disable all those stupid wizzards (which might be good for novice users), but I don't like it.

You can download a trial version from nero, so wy don't you try it yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom