Netflix for Mediaportal... MPFlix :p (1 Viewer)

0kk0

Portal Member
March 28, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I've created a simple program that i use to watch netflix from mediaportal using Multishortcut from: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/multishortcut-plugin.75305/

2.png

1.png

It opens a Chrome borderless and fullscreen window on given monitor and opens a url you can set in app.config.
In my case http://netflix.com/browse

You can control the mouse by pressing arrow keys on your remote. Ok button on remote simulates mouse click event.

to close press stop button on remote...this fires an alt+f4

Let me know what you think? :D

Download Complete package v1.2:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...1/?temp_hash=438cce20a19dec911b26d39857329237

Download MPFlix v1.2 only:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...0/?temp_hash=438cce20a19dec911b26d39857329237

Bye,

Sicco

App.config:
I explain a littje about positioning...
I use 2 displays... Main monitor (1600x1200) and a tv (1920x1080)
So the program (chrome in this case) opens at pos x 1600(+1) and pos y = 0
The width of chrome must be fullscreen, so repos_height 1080 x repos_width 1920.

I think its not that hard? ;)

XML:
<setting name="repos_width" serializeAs="String">
                <value>1920</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_height" serializeAs="String">
                <value>1080</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_runningExe" serializeAs="String">
                <value>MediaPortal.exe</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_x" serializeAs="String">
                <value>1600</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_y" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_windowCaption" serializeAs="String">
                <value>Netflix</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_browserExe" serializeAs="String">
                <value>C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_quitMediaportal" serializeAs="String">
                <value>false</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_simulateMouse" serializeAs="String">
                <value>true</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="repos_browserArgs" serializeAs="String">
                <value>--chrome-frame -app=http://netflix.com/browse</value>
            </setting>

Attachments

• hover_netflix.png
    hover_netflix.png
    2.4 MB
  • MPFlix v1.1 Setup.7z
    1.2 MB
  • MPFlix v1.1.7z
    7.5 KB
  • MPFlix v1.2.7z
    9 KB
  • MPFlix v1.2 Setup.7z
    1.2 MB
Last edited:

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Sound nice. I will test it this evening at home.

But on thing i dont understant. When you launch chrome by multishortcut........... what is the MPFlix.exe used for? When do i have to start it?

EDIT: Ah now i get it. I have to launch MPFlix.exe by multishortcut and then MPFlix starts my crhome? Right?

0kk0

Portal Member
March 28, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

But on thing i dont understant. When you launch chrome by multishortcut........... what is the MPFlix.exe used for? When do i have to start it?
Well is set in multishortcut to launch MPFlix... mpflix lauches chrome... and it does make a borderless fullscreen window. Also possibility to use arrow keys of my MCE Remote to navigate the mouse cursor...
Press stop on your remote and you are back in mediaportal ;)

So main thing was to navigate mouse withoud using mouse :p but also borderless window[DOUBLEPOST=1442993052][/DOUBLEPOST]

EDIT: Ah now i get it. I have to launch MPFlix.exe by multishortcut and then MPFlix starts my crhome? Right?
Yeah thats right ! :DYou also can use Kylo browser or firefox but i preffer chrome

Last edited:

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Problem: MPFlix.exe is not starting. It seems not to be compatible with 32bit operating system.

Find the error message in the screeenshoot. Is it comiled for any cpu?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    47.1 KB

0kk0

Portal Member
March 28, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Problem: MPFlix.exe is not starting. It seems not to be compatible with 32bit operating system.

Find the error message in the screeenshoot. Is it comiled for any cpu?

oops... youre right.. i will recompile it in next hour... thanks for your feedback!

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Testing the MPFlix.exe on a x64 system doesn´t start also.

When I click on the MPFlix.exe a short loading cursor apears and then happens nothing.

I also tried to start MPFlix.exe as administrator. Path to chrome is set up correctly in the .config file. Dunno whats wrong with it?
Normaly it should start the chrome when MPFlix.exe is started outside Mediaportal right?

0kk0

Portal Member
March 28, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
if you run it as administrator when mediaportal is also started on x64 system i think it will work.

im making some changes right now... ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1443077428][/DOUBLEPOST]also if it works... dont use chrome for anything else. If you open a new tab...chrome does some strange things with its processes etc... mpflix will shutdown automaticly when u close netflix from chrome[DOUBLEPOST=1443077996][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try this new one: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...2/?temp_hash=1a73a4a2082adfcff2b2b53d7926e3e8

This new version can run also when mediaportal isnt running and x32 or x64 systems...

Please let me know if it works? Thanks!!

Attachments

• MPFlix v1.1.7z
    7.5 KB
Last edited:

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
OK, the .exe is working now and opens the netflix page.

I will test this evening the controll with my remote during playback! Looks nice so far........

Thanks! :)

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012

Noticed some problem with focus settings............. I have to use "Media Portal always on top" setting. So the chrome will never been shown when started. Is there a need to keep MP open or can i close and restart it after using netflix/chrome?

Another thing i noticed is that when mouse pointer in at the top border and i move it downwards it starts already scrolling down the page although the pointer is still in the top area........ i think it has to deal with the netflix webpage layout. have to test it more before i can give you more details. time was limited yesterday......

Maybe it can be used for amazon prime video streaming also? will try it this weekend........

Anyway this is realy nice work. was excatly what i need. btw: where is your donate button? ;)

0kk0

Portal Member
March 28, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nice dude ! :D

If you change the value repos_quitMediaportal from false to true... it will quit mediaportal before chrome opens... You can maybe open MP again with remote green button?
Ive made mouse pointer navigation changes is new version (1.2).. just try and you will see ;)
Also possibility to zoom in and out using volume up and down buttons on remote... Maybe strange but thers a reason for it :p
Reset zoom using mute button... lol

And i also tried to use it with other videosites... and works nice :D
About the donate button..... lol Maybe in the future? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom