Network settings plugin? (2 Viewers)

Magma

Portal Member
December 22, 2005
Hey guys, i have looked around for a while, and haven't really seen it, but I was wondering if there is a plugin that would allow me to setup my network settings within MP?

Basically, what I want to do, is setup a machine for my dad, and send it to him. I want to send a wireless router with him to hook up to his highspeed. It would be nice to see something that would allow me to enter a wep password on the network settings without having to close MP (which starts automatically), and go into the network settings.

Is this something that is available, or is even possible?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Magma said:
Hey guys, i have looked around for a while, and haven't really seen it, but I was wondering if there is a plugin that would allow me to setup my network settings within MP?

Basically, what I want to do, is setup a machine for my dad, and send it to him. I want to send a wireless router with him to hook up to his highspeed. It would be nice to see something that would allow me to enter a wep password on the network settings without having to close MP (which starts automatically), and go into the network settings.

Is this something that is available, or is even possible?

What exactly is the point? Why do you need to input a WEP key from within MP?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Yes, I am also confused. Surely you need to put the WEP key in whatever software manages your wireless connect (either the default windows manager or whatever comes with your wireless card).

Magma

Portal Member
December 22, 2005
My point is, it just that it would be nice to get to the settings from within MP, since ill be sending it to my dad, and he has NO idea about network settings. I would be easier for me to tell him "click on settings, click on INTERNET, type in this setting"

yea.. just more curious more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom