Network TV Client (2 Viewers)

milanp

Portal Member
April 22, 2004
Skopje
Home Country
Now, when multi tuner works without any software limits,
a network TV client should be the next logical step.
It was mentioned in some of the old todo lists, I don't know if now is the time to request this.
I am not a programmer, but my humble opinion is that the biggest problem is to solve the problems for multi tuner work.
A network client will only read a file produced by the server, and have control of changing channel for that tuner on the server.
So is it the right time to request something like this ?

RedDom

Portal Member
May 9, 2004
UK
I'd like to see the opposite as well. A network TV tuner, with mp as the client. I'd like to put lots of tuners in a server, and have mediaportal on a small quiet pc in the living room, for control and watching.

Thx Dom

A

Anonymous

Agreed!

An absolutely amazing suggestion. TVoIP would be a stellar feature, particularly with wifi.

Josh

M

markboulder

I agree, folks; great job so far, but I need a network client that can access one of several tuners in the server... this would be the only feature missing that I need to switch from MCE and Snapstream (am using both in different machines)..

where is this feature in the scheme of things? Is it on the drawing board to be in the next release, or is it at the bottom of the pile?

thanks again for all your hard work!

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Now this would be interesting! My new flat is in a block of 5, with the other 4 being bought by friends. The plan was to put a small network in (Both cabled & wireless). With this suggestion I could effectivly use there TV card to watch TV in my flat! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom