[NEVER MIND, already solved] requests: waiting time and running program afterwards (1 Viewer)

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
EDIT: as title suggests I already solved the problem I was having. It's a greater plugin then I figured :D

I really like Multishortcuts, but I do have two feature requests.

1. Could it be possible to let the programs wait a certain amount of time before starting the next one? For instance: I like to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, which has to have CD2 of the game in my CD player. Using Multishortcuts I set Daemon Tools to mount an ISO of the CD using arguments.

-mount 1,"X:\xxx\THPS4 D2.iso"

The mounting works fine, but as far as I can see, the actual game is started at the same time, or at least before the image is properly mounted by Daemon. This results in a 'CD2 is not in the drive'-error. The second time I start the game from within mediaportal all is fine. So I figured that enabling a certain waiting time before starting up the game would solve the error. Too bad my programming skills don't go any further than switching on and off my coffee machine...

2. Could it be possible to run a program/command AFTER a program is stopped. For instance: I stop playing Pro Skater 4 and want Daemon to unmount the ISO.

Since there is the possibilty of running up to 3 programs I figured this could add to the usability.

Perhaps there is a way to do this, making my request just silly questions, but I couldn't find it. Then again, my searchings skills don't go much further than finding out where to put the coffee in the coffee machine. (I was actually quite proud of myself when I figured out there should also be water and a filter in it...)

EDIT: of course I could make 3 multishortcut DLL's for each of the steps, but I generally prefer a solution that is as lazy as possible. After all, hating to switch remotes is what got me into using MediaPortal...

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: feature requests: waiting time and running program afterwards

Why don't you create a batch for this?

use

wait 10 (or similar)
    game.exe
    unmount

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: feature requests: waiting time and running program afterwards

mbuzina

Thanks for the reply. But I already found out you can set Multishortcut to startup the second an third program after the previous launch ended, so it actually does precisely what I want it to do.

Of course this always happens just moments after one starts a forumthread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom