New ability with directshow filters. (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Portal Member
June 1, 2006
Brisbane
Home Country
When I installed 0.2.0.4 I noticed the addition of the directshow filter config in the setup section.

And again in the change log I see:

- Allow to add every installed directshow filter to the graph and configure it.

I am not familiar with directshow filters (but I seem to have loads of them) or graphs, so can someone give us a very quick overview of what they are (in this context) and an example of how they might be used.

(There is nothing I know off that I want to archive, I just want to know.)

Cheers

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this new way allows you to add filters to playback. Its an replacement for the ffdshow postprocessing, since this did not work anymore.

With the new option it should work again. You can add "ffdshow raw video filter" for postprocessing. You have to hit "Filter properties" and change the Decoder to all supported.

mp-ffd-post1.jpg

mp-ffd-post2.jpg

The intend was also to give the user the chance to add every filter he wants like MoMo Light.

You are right, the list of filters is very (too) long. The team is thinking of a method to shrink it a littlebit to "usefull" filters. But its not easy to say which filters are usefull and which not. ;)

HTH,
    Flip.

phertiker

Portal Member
    June 29, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i realize that this is more a question about ffdshow, so apologies in advance.

i've got ffdshow doing all my xvid etc. decoding duties. is there a way to use ffdshow to e.g. upscale dvd's without these resolution changes also applying to the other video that ffdshow is handling?

or should i just install decoders for all the vid codecs i need and use ffdshow only for filtering stuff?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

unfortunatly this seems not to be possible. Setting an upscale filter will affect xvid / divx decoding and the raw filter.

So yes, if you only want to upscale a special section (like DVDs) you would have to install DivX and XviD codec for playback and ffdshow only for postprocessing.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom