[solved] New Category (1 Viewer)

Bullthorpe

June 7, 2022
Home Country
Australia Australia
Is it possible to add categories, or sub categories. For example I would love to have two folders for Series. 1 that has the ones I have watched populated from a folder on my hard drive and one for Series I am currently watching from another folder. Can I add more Categories?? Could also be series I am watching and series my other half is watching . Similar for movies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can only talk about MP2. Direct categories can not be added, but the user management allows (almost) what you want I believe.
    You could add user accounts: My first half, my second half and accounts for other family members. Categories as "continue watching", "latest added" etc. are accordingly only shown by user. You even can restrict the views according to the age certification and also set a login pw.
    Home_Movie_2.jpg

Bullthorpe

June 7, 2022
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your response yes I am using Media Portal 2.. A good suggestion of yours. I have now set up two users one called current and one called watched. The problem I now have is when I set the media source to the folder with the movies that I am yet to watch under the current user, it also loads them into the watched user. How do I get the media source to be user specific? Thanks again for your help

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your response yes I am using Media Portal 2.. A good suggestion of yours. I have now set up two users one called current and one called watched. The problem I now have is when I set the media source to the folder with the movies that I am yet to watch under the current user, it also loads them into the watched user. How do I get the media source to be user specific? Thanks again for your help
    You can limit share access by user, see below.
    Unbenannt.png

Bullthorpe

June 7, 2022
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Great that seems to work . If i set it to 1/2 allowed I can access the folder . Thanks for all your help. I really like this program but it is taking some time to set up. Ta bobby

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario.
    User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides "kid restrictions" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom