New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's some years ago since I tried to get SAT>IP up and running with TVE 3.0. I need to do some research in the forum to find this...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found it...
    SAT>IP-Server Triax in MPO einbinden
    Good that you can read German ;)

In short:
    This is what MP (1 and 2) needs:

And this is how such an entry normally is noted:

Not a big difference ("/?&?" for MP "/&" for all others) but the first one only is working in MP and nowhere else. The second one is working anywhere else but not in MP..
    If you have hundreds of channels this might be a lot of work to rebuild for MP...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hello again. I have a new computer arriving in a couple of days:). I will try run MP2 on it.
    1. I will run server and client on this computer, on client (Hostname) i find the tvserver with IP number or computername ? Or do i just tell that server and client is running on same computer in the setup?
    2. I have an old Microsoft remote can I still use this on MP2 ?
    3.I have to ask this again, 8years ago I had a lot of problems with MP and codecs i needed to install LAv filters and SAF v6.1.7. No need for that now ?
    4. Maybe I need a setup guide for MP2 is there one ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About:

1. Automatic, nothing else to do than confirm the prompt if you want to connect to the MP2 Server that was detected.
    2. Yes
    3. Nothing. LAV is installed automatically. Setup in client settings.
    4. We have a Wiki...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    I am thinking about using my old server also, if i need other clients to use MP2. My old server is running on win 2003 server, and we all know how old this is. But can i make MP2 server run on this computer, or is this a bad idea ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But can i make MP2 server run on this computer, or is this a bad idea ?
    Other than being a bad idea - Server 2003 is out of support since July 2015 and therefore is incurring security risks - MP2 is not supporting XP. It will probably not work.

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Other than being a bad idea - Server 2003 is out of support since July 2015 and therefore is incurring security risks - MP2 is not supporting XP. It will probably not work.
    Yes I know Microsoft has left it, ok i will try upgrade if I need the server.
    I am running MP1 tv server on it today by the way, but ist an old version of tv server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom