New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? (1 Viewer)

JGT

Portal Pro
February 2, 2010
Hi.
IPTV is a bit more tricky than that...
You need to copy the m3u into "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbip\" to see it in the Settings of the TV part... But MP (both, 1 and 2) need some special formatting inside the m3u list so your list may or may not work.
After copying the m3u list you need to restart the MP2 server and then enter setuptv. Here you need to select your playlist as "Service"
View attachment 203807
and after that do a "normal" channel scan and mapping...

If this is working, all is fine. But if it did not work you probably must edit the m3u to change the formatting to a way, MP likes...

Edit:
By the way, C:\Program Data\ normally is a hidden folder so you need to take care of this...
If this is working it would be perfect, for then i would be able to record the tv programs from a tv guide using EPG ?
I am trying iptv now with a pvr iptv function and can not record my programs. Using only kodi media player not Media portal.
I will install MP2 and test this if you guys think its working ?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    IMHO if IPTV work in MP TV Server and Kodi than should work in MP to...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm using IPTV (to be precise SAT>IP) together with MediaPortal 2 as PVR Backend and Kodi 18.5. And I'm recording anything I like to watch. Indeed I never watch real "Live" TV as I don't want to be forced to see something when the TV station tells me I have to... Not even Sports I'm looking live. I'll start this with delay so I can skip commercials and at the end of the race/game I have catch up with the live action...

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Hi.
    I'm using IPTV (to be precise SAT>IP) . And I'm recording anything I like to watch. Indeed I never watch real "Live" TV as I don't want to be forced to see something when the TV station tells me I have to... Not even Sports I'm looking live. I'll start this with delay so I can skip commercials and at the end of the race/game I have catch up with the live action...
    Hello sounds just like my melody.:).
    "together with MediaPortal 2 as PVR Backend and Kodi 18.5" could you clarify this a bit ? You are using kodi as a plugin to MP2 ?
    Maybe a screenshot if its hard to explain .

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Kodi knows how to connect to a media portal TV server. But the media portal TV server, not all IPTV knows how, what gives my provider, the media portal can not show.

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Kodi knows how to connect to a media portal TV server. But the media portal TV server, not all IPTV knows how, what gives my provider, the media portal can not show.
    Well if i use kodi now and cannot record then i dont understand how it will work with MP2 tvserver ?o_O

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    "together with MediaPortal 2 as PVR Backend and Kodi 18.5" could you clarify this a bit ?
    Ok.
    1. Install MediaPortal (MP2 in my case because MP2 don't need an extra Database Server like MP1 but this also is easily possible with MP1- TV Server).
    2. Configure MP to receive TV
    3. Install the "TVServerKodi Plugin" to the MP- (TV-) Server.
    4. Install and configure Kodi's MediaPortal PVR Addon. Disable any other previously used PVR addons...
    5. You're done.

Now you can watch and record Live TV inside Kodi using the MediaPortal TV solution.

Kodi knows how to connect to a media portal TV server.
    Well if i use kodi now and cannot record then i dont understand
    Kodi has many TV (aka. PVR) options. But you need to install them separately. None of those PVR addons are enabled by default. One of those addons is using MediaPortal as TV solution. Others are using "TVHeadend" (in the Linux world as TVHeadend is "Linux Only"), NextPVR, DVB-Viewer, TVMosaic, even Windows MediaCenter can be used as PVR solution for Kodi... And there is an addon named "Simple IPTV Addon" that can be used without any external TV solution.

Without the MediaPortal PVR addon you can not use MediaPortal in Kodi. Without the "TVHeadend" Addon you can not use TVHeadend in Kodi, and so on. Most likely you now use the mentioned "Simple IPTV PVR Addon" for watching IPTV. This is a generic addon that is very limited (as "simple" suggests). One of the limitations is that you can not record anything. So as long as you use this addon you are not able to record anything... You need to change your TV solution in Kodi to be able to record TV. One of the possibilities here is to use MP as external TV solution...

Edit:
    I'm not at home now. Screenshots I can provide later, if still needed...

Last edited:

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Most likely you now use the mentioned "Simple IPTV PVR Addon" for watching IPTV. This is a generic addon that is very limited (as "simple" suggests). One of the limitations is that you can not record anything.
    YES! that is excactly what i use now. I will test this. Many Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom